linking the truggy, finally!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
y do u have the upper links mounted so high on the axle?

the lower links will be mounted on top of the tube, so I need the vertical separation. it will also give the truck a bit more stability, to have the upper links up inside the frame rails

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
upper link frame rail mounts

sat. I got the upper frame rail mounts tacked on.

Attachments

• P1020855.JPG
    P1020855.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 34
  • P1020856.JPG
    P1020856.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 33

LT.

I am amazed at how fast you are working through this project. I sure wish I could do the same. Glad to hear you and the family are feeling better. Keep the updates coming.

LT.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
I am amazed at how fast you are working through this project. I sure wish I could do the same. Glad to hear you and the family are feeling better. Keep the updates coming.

LT.

thanks man! I have a moab trip planned for the 11th so I have to bust my but or I wont have it done in time. (It seems to help to have a deadline sometimes)

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
last night I finished building my lower axle mounts & picked up my links.
when I was threading my joints into my links, I realized that I had 3 right hand thread & 1 left, lame!!
I got all my brackets & Link mounts tacked on & my links hung. oooh yeah!! Its starting to take shape.
Its ready for me to cycle the suspension so that I can see If I screwed it up or not, jk.
heres a couple more pics

Attachments

• P1020858.JPG
    P1020858.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 33
  • P1020860.JPG
    P1020860.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 33
  • P1020864.JPG
    P1020864.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 30

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
I would like to keep them mounted up high if I can. I did however leave myself some adjustment so I can mount them at the centerline If I dont like the high mount

I'm also curious to see the performance of the high/high setup:eek:! If it works really good you'll be an engineering genious & everyone will want the same setup in their rig!! :greg:

P.S. That will include ME!;)

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
I'm also curious to see the performance of the high/high setup:eek:! If it works really good you'll be an engineering genious & everyone will want the same setup in their rig!! :greg:

P.S. That will include ME!;)

so last night I cycled the suspension & my lowers were just barely hitting the frame rail. so I ended up moving the lower links into the bottom pos. (at the axle center) & I still had to notch the frame a bit. after those adjustments, it seems to move very free:D :D :D

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
so last night I finished up the links (welded bungs, adjusted measurements)
then I finished fabbing my spring buckets. I ordered rear sping mounts because I thought that they would fit the best. (thats what I get for thinking) the rear tj coils were a little soft & too short when compressed. so I decided to use the tj fronts, I think that they will work much better, but then I have never used coils ??
I modified the mounts that I that I bought, to use them for the tj fronts. built in some spring keepers & got them mounted up. the truck is now coil sprung with links.
its still setting pretty tall because my back end & bed are still stripped down. so hopefully it will sit where I want it to when its back together.

tonight I will finish burning in all my welds, & gusset & brace the crud out of all my mounts.
then I need to plumb my fuel cell & try to sneak some exhaust in somewhere
its getting close

Attachments

• P1020873.JPG
    P1020873.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 50
  • P1020874.JPG
    P1020874.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 61
  • P1020879.JPG
    P1020879.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 64

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
Are you going to brace the upper coil buckets some how? Also...in the middle picture the axle looks a little off to the left? Don't know if it is the angle of the picture or the arms aren't adjusted..? Anyway all in all looks damn good. Keep it up. I love this rig

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Are you going to brace the upper coil buckets some how? Also...in the middle picture the axle looks a little off to the left? Don't know if it is the angle of the picture or the arms aren't adjusted..? Anyway all in all looks damn good. Keep it up. I love this rig

thanks
yeah, the pic of the coil buckets looks a little hokey. they have a boxed in gusset on the inside of the frame. & I boxed them inon the outside tonight.
the pic looked like it was sitting on 2 pieces of strap. ha ha
Im pretty sure the axle being off is just the pic. :eek: It better be, ha ha
I cant wait to test this thing!!! :D

lewis

Fight Till You Die
The coil spring testing begins. I went through this with my scout testing tons of differnet springs. The ones I ended up using in the rear were from a bronco and the front from a ford van since they were a little stiffer.