linking the truggy, finally!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
The coil spring testing begins. I went through this with my scout testing tons of differnet springs. The ones I ended up using in the rear were from a bronco and the front from a ford van since they were a little stiffer.

that is the one variable that I am unsure on. & Ive see guys use coils off of just about anything. the tj springs seem soft ?? there's only one way to find out.

choptopbII

Looks good man!

exahust was easy on mine, i just put the muffler just behind where the cat used to be and put a litter turndown after the muffler.

Yours is still street-able though huh?

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Looks good man!

exahust was easy on mine, i just put the muffler just behind where the cat used to be and put a litter turndown after the muffler.

Yours is still street-able though huh?

Mine hasnt been streetable since it grew full width 60's (6 years ago) the 42's dont help either.
I was thinking Id do something simillar (exhaust). I was running a cat w/no muff before, I may just put the cat back on & turn it down & out right there.

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
thanks
yeah, the pic of the coil buckets looks a little hokey. they have a boxed in gusset on the inside of the frame. & I boxed them inon the outside tonight.
the pic looked like it was sitting on 2 pieces of strap. ha ha
Im pretty sure the axle being off is just the pic. :eek: It better be, ha ha
I cant wait to test this thing!!! :D

ha ha yeah I am guessing it is just the angle of the picture, if your off you can't be off by all that much ;) (just to make you feel better ;)) Yeah the upper coil buckets kind of made me worried after seeing all of your exellent fab work lol. But good, glad you got them all boxed and supported :) Keep it up.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
thanks bart!

heres my weekend updates:
I got all my brakets & mounts welded up & gusseted everything & braced my crossmember.
I still need to brace up my rear winch mount, I had to cut out all the old bracing.
I got the fuel cell mounted in my truck box. & got it plumbed & wired.

I have a few more things to button up. I plan on bringing it to work with me tomorrow to do some forklift testing. :D

Attachments

• P1020886.JPG
    P1020886.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 40
  • P1020882.JPG
    P1020882.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 41
  • P1020884.JPG
    P1020884.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 44
  • P1020880.JPG
    P1020880.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 38
  • P1020888.JPG
    P1020888.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 51

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
last night I got most of the project buttoned up! I still have a couple small things to add & adjust. but for the most part its done.
I brought it to work with me this morning so that I could do some testing on the forklift.
heres some forklift test pics.

everything looked really good, except for a couple minor adjustments. no binding
I do think that I will adjust my shock mounts a little to get a little more down travel.

Attachments

• P1020895.JPG
    P1020895.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 81
  • P1020904.JPG
    P1020904.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 78
  • P1020906.JPG
    P1020906.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 84
  • P1020894.JPG
    P1020894.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
More down travel?! What? It looks like you have crazy amounts of down travel.

LT.

yeah, I got to be honest, I didnt think that I would get any more travel than what I had before. I under estimated the coils & the stability of a link suspension.
Hows yours coming?

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Wow it appears you did well. The flex it has now is just gross and makes me kinda sick.

thanks man! I cant wait to get it on the trail.
(Its a good thing Im headed to moab in the morning :D)
you should come down on sat. & hit a trail with us.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Your ride is killer! I can't believe how much travel you were able to squeeze out of your rig. Truly unbelievable.

LT.

thanks man! the flex is great. but just wait till you have yours rollin & you feel that traction pushing you, your gona love it!!!