Moab moto ride! March 2nd & 3rd

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
So where do we want to ride on Friday? We will be getting a later start, hopefully everyone is in Moab by 11 AM...

I don't mind riding Slickrock/Hells Revenge again, like the last ride.

GAR

Ok, I can for sure make this trip. Anyone coming back Saturday night have room for me? Or I can drive and take one other person.
Anything I should know before hand? This will be my first slick rock dirt bike experience

Greg

Admin
Ok, I can for sure make this trip. Anyone coming back Saturday night have room for me? Or I can drive and take one other person.
Anything I should know before hand? This will be my first slick rock dirt bike experience

Nice, I added you to the 'committed' list.

Bring a jacket, mornings will probably be cold. :D Gearing is your friend and lots of slickrock riding will eat up rear tires... so hopefully your tires aren't new! Not really much else to share, I think you'll enjoy it!

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J

I am needing a roommate and somebody to split gas with. I'm also planning to come home late-ish Saturday. Where do you live?

Jared

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I need this ride so bad, I can barely sleep!
couple thoughts..
Food: do we plan on bringing much, or hit the Mcd's and other places for our meals? I think I prefer just to eat out for simplicity.

I would really enjoy some very difficult riding, as I could stand to lose some calories. Any idea on what trails we will be on?
However, if there are some that are less comfortable on a bike, Hells Revenge and Fins n things are a great introduction to the moab area, and are fairly easy with some great scenery. They would also provide some good areas for balance and technical practice.

Tonkaman

I'm definitely planning to enjoy the local grub it's worth it after a long day on the trail. Hopefully we hit some technical nightmares I feel ready for a challenge ha ha!

Greg

Admin
Does anyone know what the snow looks like in Moab right now?

Conditions are supposed to be good, although we did get a little snow in Fruita this morning and it melted off pretty quick... our elevation and weather are similar to Moab, but it's usually a few degrees warmer in Moab. I would guess that some parts of the trail may be kind of wet and it's probably going to be pretty chilly until mid-morning.

I need this ride so bad, I can barely sleep!
couple thoughts..
Food: do we plan on bringing much, or hit the Mcd's and other places for our meals? I think I prefer just to eat out for simplicity.

I would really enjoy some very difficult riding, as I could stand to lose some calories. Any idea on what trails we will be on?
However, if there are some that are less comfortable on a bike, Hells Revenge and Fins n things are a great introduction to the moab area, and are fairly easy with some great scenery. They would also provide some good areas for balance and technical practice.

I'm good with eating out.

Nobody has really spoken up about what other trails we want to ride, but here's my thoughts.

Friday (Half Day) - Slickrock (Hells Revenge) and Fins and Things. Meet at the Slickrock Trail parking lot at 10 AM!

Saturday - Sovereign Trail and 7 Mile Rim. Meet at the Shell Gas station North of town.

Sunday - ????

00harpdawg

So is it gonna be worth it for me to come down fri night to ride on sat or is sat gonna be a short day. I've never ridden my bike in Moab yet but I really want to badly. I'm still a beginner but ill do anything

Tonkaman

So is it gonna be worth it for me to come down fri night to ride on sat or is sat gonna be a short day. I've never ridden my bike in Moab yet but I really want to badly. I'm still a beginner but ill do anything

It will be worth the trip, Saturday should be long enough of a ride to make you ready for some R&R. Remember some of us are riding Sunday too

GAR

I am needing a roommate and somebody to split gas with. I'm also planning to come home late-ish Saturday. Where do you live?

Jared

sounds good Jared! I live in cedar hills about 10 minutes east of I-15 (cabelas). I was planning leaving my place around 6:30 Friday. I'm good with driving, my truck gets mid 20's mpg pulling a motorcycle trailer so that's nice.