Moab moto ride! March 2nd & 3rd

GAR

I've had a little change of plans, as I need to work Friday now. I could take it off but it doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

So, Steve can I come down with you Friday night? We can take my trailer, and split gas. I would be down with sharing a room too.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
sounds good Jared! I live in cedar hills about 10 minutes east of I-15 (cabelas). I was planning leaving my place around 6:30 Friday. I'm good with driving, my truck gets mid 20's mpg pulling a motorcycle trailer so that's nice.

Sorry guys , but I am going to have to sit this one out. I tweaked my left knee a couple weeks back at work. I kept telling myself it was getting better. But, I had to have my wife drive our stick shift the 2nd half of the drive home from Salt Lake yesterday because my knee was hurting so bad. I doubt it would hold up for long on the trail, and I don't want to be a liability to the group (or in a boat load of pain).

I was looking forward to this ride a whole lot more than I'm looking forward to fixing my knee with no insurance...

Take a lot of photos and videos!
Jared

sixstringsteve

Yes, you're welcome to tag along with me. Kurt may or may not be joining us too. I'll just be camping in my rooftop tent. You're welcome to sleep in the tent with me if you want, but I snore and you'll want earplugs. :)

Or I can drop you off at a hotel and pick you up in the morning.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Got my package from RMATV. Bar risers, Throttle tube, grips, and hand guards. Ready to ride!!
photo 2 (2).jpg

Over all the bike went through a big change:
photo 1 (2).jpgphoto 2.jpg

I'm really liking the way it looks. The bike has been the same almost for the last 10 yrs I've had it. This has almost got me over my desire for a newer bike.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
You guys are killing me. It's been 25 years since I've had bike and you induce great want...

I took a 15 year hiatus from riding until starting back up in '07. Had I been riding all that time, I don't think I'd appreciate it as much as I do now.

I did alot of wheeling and rockcrawl comps during that time, and dirtbiking is cheaper and more fun in my opinion.

Just do it.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Sorry guys , but I am going to have to sit this one out. I tweaked my left knee a couple weeks back at work. I kept telling myself it was getting better. But, I had to have my wife drive our stick shift the 2nd half of the drive home from Salt Lake yesterday because my knee was hurting so bad. I doubt it would hold up for long on the trail, and I don't want to be a liability to the group (or in a boat load of pain).

I was looking forward to this ride a whole lot more than I'm looking forward to fixing my knee with no insurance...

Take a lot of photos and videos!
Jared

That sucks Jared, but you have to heal up so you can ride again in the future! Been there, it sucks to miss a ride but you have to take care of your body first. Next time!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I hate to say this but my week is slowing falling apart and I am a maybe for Saturday now. I will know for sure by the end of the day tomorrow.

rholbrook

Stratton

I was originally supposed to do the whole temple thing with my son who got his mission call but because other family cant make it until next weekend I may be heading down to ride Green River with my boys and friends. I will know for sure tomorrow though after my son knows if he can get off of work. It will be an early drive down Saturday morning and return that afternoon after we hit Rays for pork chops in Green River. If I go, your welcome to come along. We would ride the washes along the Green from White Sands.

Here is a teaser for you all.
[video=youtube;Po8ZOWaSCa0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po8ZOWaSCa0[/video]

The part that shows riders sliding down is a spot that got me. The drop off to the one side goes down 15' into a pool of water. One of my friends caught me by my boot. I thought I was going over.

At 3:25 is the bottom of Dead Cow.

Last edited:

GAR

I'm heading to Moab Friday night and coming back Saturday night. I can take one other person or I'm fine with riding with someone. I'd be down with sharing a room too.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Jon bailed on me!

I'm still down but I need to find someone to ride with or to ride with me... I can't afford the gas on my own!

Call me!

I really want to go still!

Found someone yet, I might be up for it..
edit...oops i see your leaving friday morn, I gots to work friday..dang

Last edited:

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Jon bailed on me!

I'm still down but I need to find someone to ride with or to ride with me... I can't afford the gas on my own!

Call me!

I really want to go still!

The hell with it... I'm going.

Stratton, I can pick you up or we can take your rig. I'm coming from Ogden, and planning to leave here about 4:30AM. Heck, I can grab the trailer and take Von and Jeeper too for that matter. All the bikes fit on the trailer and we all fit in the Durango. It would make for a cheap trip!

Let me know what you want to do. I will be coming back sometime Saturday night, even if it's late.

Jared

Eight oh one, eight niner six, three zero four four. Call or text.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Crap! I guess the last time I went out I took out a radiator. I loaned the bike to my dad because he was having trouble on the RM125, and he laid it down a couple times.

Looking at the photos, is there ANY WAY to repair this tonight (silicone, JB Weld, etc...) so I can make this trip?

DSCN1262Medium_zpsc6edff35.jpg

DSCN1261Medium_zps2921c162.jpg

Help!
Jared

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
JB Weld should do it, we fixed Jon's radiator in the Slickrock parking lot in October after he dropped it and cracked his radiator.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Id go for the JB also. Clean and dry it real well, get it inside so it can be room temp for faster drying.