Moab moto ride! March 2nd & 3rd

sixstringsteve

Greg, is there room for me to join you guys on Saturday?

Grant, Got room for one more bike on your trailer? I'd be happy to drive and tow the trailer. i have seats for 4 passengers.

GAR

Greg, is there room for me to join you guys on Saturday?

Grant, Got room for one more bike on your trailer? I'd be happy to drive and tow the trailer. i have seats for 4 passengers.

Of course! I'll have three rails on it this week. (Proper ones too, not 2x4's) would you be going Friday morning?
This trip is sounding better and better!

sixstringsteve

Oh, I misunderstood. I will be heading down Friday evening. I thought.you were leaving Friday at 630 pm, not am
I'll borrow a bike carrier.

Edit: it looks like you've reached your target of 6 riders. If anyone drops out last minute, post up here so I can snag your spot.

Last edited:

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I got a lot done this morning.
This is how my bike started:

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg
All I wanted to do was change the front tire. But I noticed a small oil residue on the right fork.. Ordered some seals, but will put them on after our ride. from the banging and pounding of getting the wheel off, the forks became a river of oil.. So off they came... (notice oil puddled under bike)

photo 3.jpg

My front brakes were worn, and need to be replaced. I'm also changing the triple clamp back to 7/8" bars. Wait??.. are those broken spokes?-Great, Need a different wheel.
Time to bring in a parts bike..
(poor Fella)

photo 4.jpg

Since it had nicer plastics and stickers I just opted for the WHOLE front end.
No need to change seals, brakes are good, good tire.. I'm set.

photo 5.jpg

waiting on handle bar risers and hand guards from RMATV.

GAR

dang thats a good bit of work for one day. I've got some maintenance to do one mine, hopefully it's not that involved!

Steve- Sorry about the confusion. I could still take your bike down in the morning. might save you some hassle

Caleb

Oh, I misunderstood. I will be heading down Friday evening. I thought.you were leaving Friday at 630 pm, not am
I'll borrow a bike carrier.

Edit: it looks like you've reached your target of 6 riders. If anyone drops out last minute, post up here so I can snag your spot.

Steve, I've got my hitch mount carrier you are welcome to borrow. It's super easy if you're not carrying a heavy 4T. :)

sixstringsteve

I can't leave till 6 pm on Friday. I would love to carpool with someone. I'm happy to drive or ride with someone else. I'll be coming back Saturday night.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
You guys seen the forecast for this weekend? Looks perfect, even after the recent snow last weekend!

Friday - 50

Saturday -54

Sunday - 58!!

I'm stoked!

Greg

Admin
Greg, aside from those 3 steep switchbacks on Soverign Trail, are there any other gnarly spots?

Steve, I will be honest with you... I've only ridden it once and I'm far from an 'expert' when it comes to the Sovereign. The switchbacks aren't that bad, there are plenty of other places that I'd saw are more attention-getting... but IMO there is nothing overly technical. Lots of rocks and ledges, some steep climbs and drops, a few narrow places and neat washes. I don't think it will prove to be too much of a challenge.

What are you riding?

sixstringsteve

I'm trying to decide what I'll be riding. I have access to an xr200, and a couple 250-300 2-stroke trail bikes. I'm a decent horrible rider, but if I need to be able to dab a foot, I'm screwed. I think the xr200 is going to be the safest bet.

Greg

Admin
I'm trying to decide what I'll be riding. I have access to an xr200, and a couple 250-300 2-stroke trail bikes. I'm a decent horrible rider, but if I need to be able to dab a foot, I'm screwed. I think the xr200 is going to be the safest bet.

Being able to touch the ground would be pretty beneficial in some of those spots, the XR200 will be a tractor on those steep switchbacks. Sounds like a good choice.