Moab on Thanksgiving weekend

Crinco

Average low for Moab the last few years has been around 28 to 35 deg. We have the water hose freeze every year with the camper.
It doesn't get much cheaper than putting up a tent somewhere, way cheaper than a Motel room, but chilly. It is so nice in the afternoon though, makes this time of year perfect to go. I have yet to decide which campground I want to stay at, but at least the price of fuel will not keep me away :)

Too rich for my blood, I'm hoping for somewhere around $30-40.
We've got that roof top tent on the Landcruiser. I have thought about bringing that just for the tent & do the camping thing at KOA or some other campground. The weather this way has been very nice, don't know if it will hold out to the end of the month though.

No worries! I'll bring sleeping bags for the kids so if it gets to cold or the air mattress goes flat, you know where there will be a bed for you! :p And that does come with a multiple yorkle guarantee. ;)

B

Bear@BlackWidow

So bad news from our end,

Those of us here at the shop won't be making it down,

I might, and its a big might, still might make it.

But, I know atleast 4-7 ish guys from Dirt Hedz will be going down on friday-sunday,
I think their plans are to meet at the city market at 5:30pm to do a sunset ride on fin'sN'Things,( I know, its an easy trail, but darkness makes it a little more challenging)
Saturday they are meeting at city market at about 9ish I think and going to pic a trail depending on who shows and the weather.

Anyone interested is more than welcome to join. Or email me bear@blackwidowoffroad.com for more details. I also think we are getting set up on a group rate at one of the motels, but I would need to know asap if anyone wants in.

_Auzzy_

Web Wheeling Extraordinaire
so thats what us teens are callen it now a days.....................

..................I wonder what happened to the chicken.............

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Sweet I got the time off!!! :cool:

With this many RME members headed there on a Holiday there should be some sort of meet & greet or trail run imo :greg:

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Anyone have an extra seat open for the trail runs? I'm down to run some easier stuff, but would love to hop in with someone for the harder trails if there is room. This all depends on if mine is out of the transmission shop before thursday. With gas prices ever decreasing, it could be a very worthwhile trip. I'll have to call and see which hotels allow a dog. If someone wants to split a room, I get a nice Veteran discount.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Anyone have an extra seat open for the trail runs? I'm down to run some easier stuff, but would love to hop in with someone for the harder trails if there is room. This all depends on if mine is out of the transmission shop before thursday. With gas prices ever decreasing, it could be a very worthwhile trip. I'll have to call and see which hotels allow a dog. If someone wants to split a room, I get a nice Veteran discount.

If I was still going, Id make a spot in my rig for Veterans.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Weather is supposed to be rainy everyday. I know Im a sissy but I dont know if I want another soggy trip. If I could afford a hotel it might be a different story.

I will keep an eye on the skies and decide from there.

Anyone staying at pack creek?

Bart

Well looks like Goat, Jenn, Meat and I are out. Maybe spring time:-\

Oh man, what happened? That's a bummer. There will definitely be more times in the future.

Weather is supposed to be rainy everyday. I know Im a sissy but I dont know if I want another soggy trip. If I could afford a hotel it might be a different story.

I will keep an eye on the skies and decide from there.

I've been watching the weather closely and most likely will not be heading down Thursday like we had planned. I'm going to watch the weather also and head down as soon as it clears. I have too much exposed metal to be getting drenched. As of now it looks like it will be clearing Friday afternoon sometime, and if that's the case we'll be leaving then.

B

Bear@BlackWidow

So its official, I'm out, but dirt hedz are still a go.

I was wrong on the meeting times.

Friday night City Market at 5:00pm to run Fins N Things

Saturday morning City Market at 9:00 am Trail TBD depends on weather and who shows up.

My dad and some great guys from our club will be there so fill free to join up with them if you're interested.

JackKeslerCustoms

We are still going on Thursday night due to we have little kids, and would waste the whole day Friday getting down there. Most likely we will still look for something friday like PS, MR, or CH. (I.E. something we can just turn around and go back at any time if the weather is bad.) We are still on for Pritchett Sat, but it looks like we might have a good sized group (maybe 10 rigs) that would be too slow for the Buggies. I will try to let everyone know what time we are planning to head up there so you can either meet up, or avoid us. If you do come up on us,we will make every reasonable effort to let the faster rigs play through.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I should be there later wednesday, and plan on running a trial Thursday morning if anyone wants to join :D

I'll be in the truck in my profile, and my brother will have his black 90's Toyota with 35" Boggers. Hope to see you guy's :)