• $10, if it was spiral bound, mabey some color photos

Votes: 104 46.0%
  • $20-$30, if it was professionally printed & bound

Votes: 95 42.0%

• Total voters

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
you build me a trailer, I'll write your book ;)

I know you're tired of hearing about the dumb trailer haha.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
you build me a trailer, I'll write your book ;)

I know you're tired of hearing about the dumb trailer haha.

Actually I'm not... just tired of Brett :p Seriously though, I've got the list of parts (in excel file) for you guys, we just need to decide what you want body-wise and go from there. I'm kind've up to my neck in projects right now (4BT/45/40+/Taco projects), but I want to get this book rolling while its too cold outside to wrench :)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Just keep me in the loop. I would really like to have the trailer by early/mid May, but I'll survive otherwise. We can get together and talk ideas over a beer one of these nights if you want.

But, I'm interested in your book (back on topic) and think it could sell a few copies--especially if it was produced nice enough to make it good coffee table material.

Where can I send my $19.95 to pre-order this book? If I contribute something of value to the content, can I get a 10% discount?

pELYgroso

'Merica
I was just telling someone about your AF canyon book the other day. I thought that it must be finished by now and he wanted to know where he could get some copies. haha I guess he (and I) will have to wait still. keep us informed!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Let's go there right now....

442a.jpg

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Good, come work on it... :p

I need to get down to BYU to chase down some photos they have in their library, not sure what the protocol is for getting copies, but I'm sure they've got a system. I'll do the same for the Utah Historical Society... they've got some copies I would like photos of too. Then, I need to meet with at least two folks, both are old-timers with extensive knowledge in the canyon. Time, anyone have some for sale?

Have you checked the State Archives? Lots of mining info there. If you want help with research, let me know Kurt (having a degree in History and all, I kinda like that stuff...). Having several projects of my own going, I don't have a lot of time to help with writing but I can find my way around libraries and archives pretty well.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I'd even put down the Diesel Power magazine for this one:D

I also think you should make this one nice... my coffee table needs some good material. Maybe publish a nice one, and make a paper bound "pocket guide" also...

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Have you checked the State Archives? Lots of mining info there. If you want help with research, let me know Kurt (having a degree in History and all, I kinda like that stuff...). Having several projects of my own going, I don't have a lot of time to help with writing but I can find my way around libraries and archives pretty well.

Thats another place I should check... I have info on most of the mines. Short of digging up all the claim information, I have most of the info on the originators, etc. I may take you up on some research help. I appreciate the offer :cool:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...I also think you should make this one nice... my coffee table needs some good material. Maybe publish a nice one, and make a paper bound "pocket guide" also...

I think the plan for the 1st edition, will be a the smaller trail guide, with a nice bound book to follow it up at a later date.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Thats another place I should check... I have info on most of the mines. Short of digging up all the claim information, I have most of the info on the originators, etc. I may take you up on some research help. I appreciate the offer :cool:

Because my interest is peaked, I think I'm going to go to the Archives tomorrow. Do you have any specific info you'd like me to look for? I was thinking I'd check into the claims and any documentation I can find regarding the roads and RR that went in there and maybe the town of Deer Creek. I plan to limit my search to the late 19th century for now.