Pritchett Canyon

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Are you unable to see question marks? that usually implies a question not a statement.

You mean these?

positive.. $$ for U4 ?

I addressed that here

Proof. Hmm. Well, let's play this your way.

We claim Walker made an illegal bypass. You claim we are trying to blackmail or extort him. I'll make you a deal. You supply proof of your claim that is undeniable, and I'll show you some pictures.

So, until you can prove that, then everything else you are calling for is a moot point.

Are you unable to see words?

Sami, I'm glad you've made contact with WER (although I want a notorized transcript and/or video link to the converstion before I believe it actually happened). Hopefully something positive comes from it. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
You mean these?

I addressed that here
Are you unable to see words?

Sami, I'm glad you've made contact with WER (although I want a notorized transcript and/or video link to the converstion before I believe it actually happened). Hopefully something positive comes from it. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

You and U4 have had the opportunity to deny that you are trying to extort but have failed to provide proof. only asked me to provide proof that you are doing something that I only asked if you were doing. so I don't see how it is a moot point. you are not denying that you are extorting only that I can't prove it witch I can't that is why I asked in public giving you the opportunity to respond..

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
You and U4 have had the opportunity to deny that you are trying to extort but have failed to provide proof. only asked me to provide proof that you are doing something that I only asked if you were doing. so I don't see how it is a moot point. you are not denying that you are extorting only that I can't prove it witch I can't that is why I asked in public giving you the opportunity to respond..

Are you finished? BTW, please don't PM your childish comments.

-Jason

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Are you finished? BTW, please don't PM your childish comments.

-Jason

I will be finished when you post the pics up :)

No matter what you think of me or my reasoning stating that you (U4 and RR4W) are going to take care of this behind the scene and unless Walker atones ($$?) for his alleged mistake you won't post the pics is how most normal people would state extortion. That is screwed up.

if you don't want me to continue responding to your questions stop asking them :)

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee

No matter what you think of me or my reasoning stating that you (U4 and RR4W) are going to take care of this behind the scene and unless Walker atones ($$?) for his alleged mistake you won't post the pics is how most normal people would state extortion. That is screwed up.

if you don't want me to continue responding to your questions stop asking them :)

Um, ok?

I, or anyone else doesn't post the photos simply because you don't needto see them.

Goodyear has stepped up to the plate, and are working with Mr Evans on a solution. This was all done through emails that started last night, by members/reps of clubs in the Moab area.

Getting Walker Evans as a spokesman for any land use/ off roading group would speak volumes over the money his pocket. That is why a company like Goodyear likes him. :p

SloPoke

Officially, U4WDA initiated contact with Walker Evans enterprises today. I hope to have an opportunity to discuss this openly and honestly with Mr. Evans later on today. I will post up a summary of our discussion here - as soon as possible.

While there has been discussion about how this might be resolved by the Evans group, I will not raise it in a manner that is soliciting anything - especially financial resources of those companies that might have been on the trail.

I really appreciate seeing the RME community taking an active role in what we can do to get this damage repaired as quickly as possible. I think that working with our fellow clubs like MFFW and RR4W in quickly repairing the damage is our first priority.

Steve,

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

Perhaps I haven't made myself clear. This ends here and now. No more negative posts about this subject.

There is no reason to post the pictures, the damage has been done and the work is moving forward to fix the situation. NO GOOD comes from arguing amongst ourselves, it just separated a 4x4 community that is already in trouble.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member

Why would I or the U4 even waste the time to address your completely rediculous accusations? I'm not involved in this issue in the least, my only involvment comes from that fact that I'm completely disgusted by your argument and attitude.

Even if you were right, you don't understand enough about logical discourse to prove it without exposing the blatant fallacy of your own reasoning. i.e. you can't posture an argument against something using logic that your own position can't hold up to.

But you won't get that either, so even this is a moot point. :(

Last edited:

CJ Matt

It was page 2 and 3 that there was some talk about a work group over memorial day weekend. Sunday maybe? WE ARE NOW ON PAGE 11!

:tara:GO TEAM!:tara:

So is Sunday going to happen? I am with a group that had planned on running Prichett that day and would like to help.

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
It was page 2 and 3 that there was some talk about a work group over memorial day weekend. Sunday maybe? WE ARE NOW ON PAGE 11!

:tara:GO TEAM!:tara:

So is Sunday going to happen? I am with a group that had planned on running Prichett that day and would like to help.

See post #141

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Well... :rofl:

All's well that ends well I suppose. Let's see how WER and everyone else involved responds. Personally, I trust the Moab crew to attend to their issues with the dedication and perseverance they've exhibited in the past, and have no reason to doubt their sincerity extending into the future. I haven't asked to see the pictures, but I have no personal reason to doubt their veracity either, given my knowledge of those talking about them.
Having talked for a while at EJS 07 w/Mr. Evans regarding land use and closures, I am hopeful that some kind of beneficial solution will be reached, to everyone's satisfaction.

In the meantime, I'll deviate off-topic a touch and say that flawed or not, the various current land-use groups are the best we have. If you disagree, get off your ass and do something about it, like maybe join up and volunteer to help out. I know U4WDA won't turn away volunteers, and I'm sure the BRC could use the help too, not to mention United and USA-ALL. The Powers That Be CANNOT HEAR THE INDIVIDUAL.

anyway.

SloPoke

At 5:00 PM today, Walker Evans and I have just finished a long chat about Pritchett Canyon. I’ll paraphrase our conversation from some basic notes I jotted down during the conversation:

I explained to him that there has been a recent discussion on the Internet forums that has created concern within the motorized community. I explained the best I could (From Jeff’s description) the damage that Pritchett sustained this year, and how his group was identified as one that traveled on an unauthorized bypass. In our conversation, he was genuinely concerned that the motorized community is upset at him and the group that he was with on Pritchett. He said that he became aware of this situation today and was surprised that something that had occurred over a month ago came out now.

He acknowledges that they took the bypass, but stated that it appeared well traveled and that it was a newly established bypass. He asked that I understand that he has been involved in the motorized community for many years, and that he would not knowingly do anything to jeopardize his reputation in the motorized community. He also mentioned that the group of rigs that they were traveling in was well equipped to assist the broken rig that was on the obstacle, they waited a while before choosing the bypass as they would have preferred the obstacle.

We talked about the other damage that Pritchett has experienced this year, and how the trail is extremely important to RR4W, MFFW and U4WDA. Walker has a closer understanding of what effort goes into the year round maintenance of this and other trails, just in the name of keeping them open. Ironically, we touched on how the closure of Coyote may have some relationship with the heavy use that Pritchett experienced this year. Walker expressed interest in coming out and participating in the service projects that are upcoming on Pritchett, but said that an upcoming trip will conflict with any projects over the Memorial Holiday, but is interested in what is planned afterwards. I said that I would keep him informed of the efforts that will be taken to permanently block the bypass, including future projects that follow Memorial Day.

As our conversation ended, we talked about the importance of the motorized community keeping the Tread Lightly message strong, and how Walker Evans Racing has been promoting responsible motorized recreation for many years – and that they do not wish to have that changed. He seemed truly bothered that there was any bad feeling about what they thought was a legitimate bypass. I assured him that the bypass was unauthorized, and he was truly apologetic for the misunderstanding.

Steve Edmunds
President, U4WDA

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
At 5:00 PM today, Walker Evans and I have just finished a long chat about Pritchett Canyon. I’ll paraphrase our conversation from some basic notes I jotted down during the conversation:

I explained to him that there has been a recent discussion on the Internet forums that has created concern within the motorized community. I explained the best I could (From Jeff’s description) the damage that Pritchett sustained this year, and how his group was identified as one that traveled on an unauthorized bypass. In our conversation, he was genuinely concerned that the motorized community is upset at him and the group that he was with on Pritchett. He said that he became aware of this situation today and was surprised that something that had occurred over a month ago came out now.

He acknowledges that they took the bypass, but stated that it appeared well traveled and that it was a newly established bypass. He asked that I understand that he has been involved in the motorized community for many years, and that he would not knowingly do anything to jeopardize his reputation in the motorized community. He also mentioned that the group of rigs that they were traveling in was well equipped to assist the broken rig that was on the obstacle, they waited a while before choosing the bypass as they would have preferred the obstacle.

We talked about the other damage that Pritchett has experienced this year, and how the trail is extremely important to RR4W, MFFW and U4WDA. Walker has a closer understanding of what effort goes into the year round maintenance of this and other trails, just in the name of keeping them open. Ironically, we touched on how the closure of Coyote may have some relationship with the heavy use that Pritchett experienced this year. Walker expressed interest in coming out and participating in the service projects that are upcoming on Pritchett, but said that an upcoming trip will conflict with any projects over the Memorial Holiday, but is interested in what is planned afterwards. I said that I would keep him informed of the efforts that will be taken to permanently block the bypass, including future projects that follow Memorial Day.

As our conversation ended, we talked about the importance of the motorized community keeping the Tread Lightly message strong, and how Walker Evans Racing has been promoting responsible motorized recreation for many years – and that they do not wish to have that changed. He seemed truly bothered that there was any bad feeling about what they thought was a legitimate bypass. I assured him that the bypass was unauthorized, and he was truly apologetic for the misunderstanding.

Steve Edmunds
President, U4WDA

:cool: Thanks for handling that Steve, you have done a lot of good by talking to Walker and dispelling the rumors and accusations. Sounds like Walker and his group were unknowingly using the illegal bypass, hopefully we can move forward from here.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Well alrighty then. That is pretty much how I hoped and expected his response to go-- our conversation revolved around industry support for access issues, he seemed genuinely invested.

I'd say we all have a golden opportunity here-- that's a good thing. Still want the pics up, everyone?