Silly Willy

*UPDATE*

Check out the upper arm. The anti-dive is completely adjustable. Seperation at the axles is 8" and the bracket goes from 8.5"-4.5" of seperation:cool:
006.jpg

Im a little confused here. Whats anti-dive? I've never heard that term before.

I can see what I think it is in the picture, but what does it do?

Lifelong Jeeper

It's how much your front end dives when you hit the brakes.

I hate how my Jeep dives during hard braking and this measurement makes perfect sense. However, if it's anti-dive during braking, does it lift during acceleration or hill climbs, or is all of that controled solely by anti-squat in the rear?

Last edited:

GOAT

Back from the beyond
FINALLY have everything mocked up and welded in the front end. I ended up buying a custom pitman arm from Mike@summit that fixed my clearance issues. I need to weld some shock tabs up, gusset my upper frame mount and get some good hardware. With the weather is this mild, I hope to make some decent progress this week and then it's time to start on the rear suspension.

My deadline is the JAN run in ST George...........

001-1.jpg

003.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

008.jpg

013.jpg

Links are nice and parallel and I was able to stretch the trackbar to 30"
012.jpg

blacktj1997

i like that pitman arm....that is sweet. i may have missed it, but did you end up moving your axle forward at all and how much? awesome jeep and great fab work!

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
That pitman arm is sexy!! x2 - did you move the axle forward? Now that you have it done, it odesn't look like you notched the frame for full stuff?

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Nice progress and looking awesome!

What size rod ends did you use on your tie rod and drag link?

Thanks sean. Tierod is 7/8" and DL/Trackbar is 3/4

i like that pitman arm....that is sweet. i may have missed it, but did you end up moving your axle forward at all and how much? awesome jeep and great fab work!

Thanks, again. Moved 2" forward.

Looks like it's getting close. Love the pitman arm.

Man I wish it was getting close:greg: The rear may be much easier.

That pitman arm is sexy!! x2 - did you move the axle forward? Now that you have it done, it odesn't look like you notched the frame for full stuff?

I haven't notched it yet. I wanted to get the P-arm and DL installed to get an idea of how much to cut. I ended up mounting it under the highsteer arm to reduce the frame carnage and also keep the frame side of the trackbar mount off the diff cover.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
i need a fix man... :eek:

You're telling me. I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about where this project is headed.

I am now strongly considering switching to 2.5" airshocks all the way around. By doing so, I wont have to cut the rear frame section out again. Big bonus. I have really been impressed with how stable Kiel's buggy is with fox 2.5s, and that has helped to change my opinion of them. The only drag is I'll have to cut the perches and trackbar mount back off the 60. I definitely wont be running a short 30" trackbar if I'm going with LT airshocks.

Mike @ summit is working up some prices for shocks. Honestly, I feel like running short travel factory style coils will be half-assed after putting the time in to make everything adjustable.

I'll keep you posted.

what track bar brackets are those?

Poly performance axle TB bracket
Ballistic TB frame bracket (heavily modified)
Genright pitman arm
Summit machine aluminum links
All other brackets are ballistic

Last edited by a moderator: