GOAT

Back from the beyond

Meh.....boxed in all the tabs and laid everything out. I'm waiting on parts and currently relegated to stirring up sh*t on 4x4 forums:greg:

I have a nice little 3 day weekend coming up and should be able to finally get it off the jackstands *fingers crossed*

OT: Your build is really looking good. I like the way you've sectioned your tub. I think we're going to add some to the tub of a wrangler (kinda like barts LTJ) and build Jenn another LJ, on 40s this time around.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
*UPDATE*

Tacked the front brackets on and finished welding up the control arms.
007.jpg

I had to use some pulmbing pipe to mock up the steering linkage and trackbar. Mike @ Summit is building my trackbar, tierod, and draglink out of aluminum.
001.jpg

Check out the upper arm. The anti-dive is completely adjustable. Separation at the axles is 8" and the bracket goes from 8.5"-4.5" of separation:cool:
006.jpg

004.jpg

It's going to be a tight fit. I will have to run some sort of airbump as the uptravel is only about 4.5". The frame will most likely need to be notched as well-_-
005.jpg

Mike should have everything finished up and ready this week. I cant's wait to see it back out of the driveway. Fingers crossed for next weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Mike should have everything finished up and ready this week. I cant's wait to see it back out of the driveway. Fingers crossed for next weekend!

Seriously? Think you might be heading south next weekend? :p

Looking great by the way.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
very cool, I thought the axle track bar bracket looked weak in the first pic but, then the back side looks pretty sweet. You need some sweet speed holes :greg:

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Seriously? Think you might be heading south next weekend? :p

Looking great by the way.

Man I wish! It's taking longer than expected (imagine that), but the rear will be easier than the front was.

. You need some sweet speed holes :greg:

An dimple dies. It's all going to look like my old stuff did after two months of wheeling anyway, F'ed.

Looking great. Love the Summit links.

Thanks. The aluminum links were a bit of an afterthought as I had already had the tie-rod cut and welded. My problem was finding tubing with a small enough OD that would fit and still be strong enough to be tapped for heims. Mike suggested aluminum and I was in.

I know in hindsight I will regret not going coilovers and full hydro in the first place, but I need to put money where it is needed. Once it is rolling I have to pay someone to do boatsides and a real cage:-\

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Well, besides my failed attempt at making a trackbar mount out of 3/16, the weekend was quite productive. I burned in all of my brackets, boxed my tabs and got all the aluminum links mocked up (thanks mike).

The one thing I did discover is that the ballistic D60 cover is too thick and the tie-rod hits when turning. I'm going to swap the cover to the 70 and just improve the stock cover. I need to grab some bolts and a few other nic-nacs and I will finally be able to back it out of the freaking garage.

Here's some crappy cellphone pics for your amusement

IMAGE_220.jpg

IMAGE_221.jpg

For Kiel.
IMAGE_222.jpg