Engine- VQ40 DOHC ~ 4.0-liter DOHC V6, 265hp and 284 lb-ft torque

Transmission- 5-speed A/T

T-Case- 4wd Stock

Axles- Stock

Suspension- Top Gun Customs spacers, and AC shackles

Wheels and Tires- 235/8516 10 Ply M/T's on Toyota Tacoma OE steel spare wheels

Winch- Not yet

Lighting- 100w IPF lights up front, w/ clear covers

Favorite Trails- Anywhere in the San Rafael Swell, or central/southern Utah is where I explore.

It got the name 'Stalker' while sitting at the dealership, before we even bought it. My wife told me the color was 'Night Armor', and later on I was trying to recall the name of the color, but instead of 'Night Armor', I called it 'Night Stalker'... So 'Stalker' just stuck.

Day after we picked it up from the dealer
100_3126.jpg

As of 11-18-09
DSC_1536.jpg

2009 Mods:
Top Gun Customs spacers
AC shackles.
235/85/16 10 ply M/T's
SpiderTrax aluminum wheel adapters (6x4.5 - 6x5.5)
Trailgear sliders - customised
Cobra DX III CB radio
Yaesu 2800M FM radio
MaxiTrip - Scan tool
Raingler half barrier
IPF driving lights with poly clear shields
Mountaineering Rack - Custom built
Quickfists - Maglight/Fire extinguisher
TruckBedez air mattress

Long term mods:
Skid plates
Front Bumper w/ winch
Rear full bumper
Roof rack - custom built
Xoskel Lo Pro

Last edited:

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I too will do an SAS once it's paid off which is 2/10. Not feeling the goose neck, I'd rock something like this:
ProClip

Panavise

I have the Panavise one (for the KJ); the mount sandwiches between the radio bolts and the radio flange so it's very sturdy. It's all about off road sexuality.
I used to install several of both of those mounts a day... for hands-free cell kits. Awesome mounts, and if I ever get ambitious enough, they're what I'll be using too.:cool:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Who makes that mount Jason? And how much does it move around/vibrate? I have one that mounts to my windshield, but it vibrates so much it's not worth it....

Not bad at all. Of course that's street and Hwy driving.. haven't been ona bumpy dirt road yet.. I imagine it will vibrate on a bumpy road, but not as bad as a windshield mount that has to deal with the weight of the phone bouncing and pulling it down with gravity... Not sure if that makes sense.. made sense to me in my head..

The mount is from akron.com

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Good boy! Now light the fire under Paul to get his instaled!;)

Where did you get, and what did you pay for the quickfists?

I got them from Six States.. I think the small ones were $8-10, and the bigger ones $15?? I don't remember.. Kurt has a few of the large ones in stock.

Paul's too busy to return emails and texts.. Doubt he'll have time for the winch... School has kidnapped his brain...

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
They still need paint.. But D~Lux Fab purtied up my Trail Gear sliders. THey turned out great.

photo2-2.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Installed a modular console system from Jotto consoles.. I dig it :)

We didn't have time to figure out a mounting system for the OE arm rest, but my buddy has an idea and just couldn't find the right part to mount it.. So that might come a little later.

I chose to put the mics right above the p-brake just because that feels like a great out-of-the-way spot(I never use the brake).. Though the brake can still fully engage. We did two 100w speakers, one for each radio so that interference between radios is avoided. The switches, outlets, and radios are all wired hot, but we have the power looped into the console to add anything to be keyed-power if we want.

Communications:

*Yaesu FT-2800M FM Mobile transeiver 65/25/10/5W. Maxrad 2 Meter steel whip aerial on adjustable trunk lid NMO mount

*Cobra CB 19 DX III w/ Maxrad CB aerial on trunk lid NMO mount

photo1-7.jpg

photo3-7.jpg

photo2-7.jpg

photo4-6.jpg

photo6-3.jpg

Last edited:

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Holy shite! That console looks like it belongs in a 747 or something! That's real cool, do they build them universal or make/model specific?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Holy shite! That console looks like it belongs in a 747 or something! That's real cool, do they build them universal or make/model specific?

Wait till you see my take down light install.. Kidding.. -_-

This particular unit is a 'universal' console. It fit like a glove. Of course unless you have a flat surface to bolt it to (i didn't) you have to use some inginuity. PM Panos for a quote on some of the pieces used. Obviously you can choose as you go since the system is modular.

I love it.