Engine- VQ40 DOHC ~ 4.0-liter DOHC V6, 265hp and 284 lb-ft torque

Transmission- 5-speed A/T

T-Case- 4wd Stock

Axles- Stock

Suspension- Top Gun Customs spacers, and AC shackles

Wheels and Tires- 235/8516 10 Ply M/T's on Toyota Tacoma OE steel spare wheels

Winch- Not yet

Lighting- 100w IPF lights up front, w/ clear covers

Favorite Trails- Anywhere in the San Rafael Swell, or central/southern Utah is where I explore.

It got the name 'Stalker' while sitting at the dealership, before we even bought it. My wife told me the color was 'Night Armor', and later on I was trying to recall the name of the color, but instead of 'Night Armor', I called it 'Night Stalker'... So 'Stalker' just stuck.

Day after we picked it up from the dealer
100_3126.jpg

As of 11-18-09
DSC_1536.jpg

2009 Mods:
Top Gun Customs spacers
AC shackles.
235/85/16 10 ply M/T's
SpiderTrax aluminum wheel adapters (6x4.5 - 6x5.5)
Trailgear sliders - customised
Cobra DX III CB radio
Yaesu 2800M FM radio
MaxiTrip - Scan tool
Raingler half barrier
IPF driving lights with poly clear shields
Mountaineering Rack - Custom built
Quickfists - Maglight/Fire extinguisher
TruckBedez air mattress

Long term mods:
Skid plates
Front Bumper w/ winch
Rear full bumper
Roof rack - custom built
Xoskel Lo Pro

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Had to quickly install the Xoskel LoPro light bar due to the rainy forecast. I was testing the bolts out two nights ago, and spun 2 of the 4 riv-nuts out of the 4 bolts that are replaced upon install.. So, to avoid a wet headliner I siliconed the two that spun, and the bar is held on by each front corner bolt.. It's still super solid. An awesome, high quality product. I have a set of Hella FF75 fogs, and still need to pick up the pair of FF75 driving lights..

45ecdfcc.jpg

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Finally installed the AC coils, OME struts, ad rear OME Nitro Circus Emu Charger 9000000's. Thanks Kurt & Bryson. :)

0d6d87b4.jpg

f73fe143.jpg

0b3ad5ae.jpg

Posted via Mobile Device

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Finally got around to replacing the rear gas struts for the rear cargo door. McMaster-Carr replacement struts @ $16 a piece.. World of difference!

Before - Photo taken @ 34 degrees (anything below 32* and it was lucky to reach half that high)
4a81c8d7.jpg

After - Photo taken @ 22 degrees
96e2d9dd.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
It really is amazing to not have the cargo door resting on your head or shoulder. You wouldn't know, you drive a 4x4 mini..

I haven't. I've not had too much of an issue with the COrbra right out of the box. Is it worth getting it tuned?

Every cb can benefit from a good tune. If you ever buy a second cb for another rig, check out sparkyscb online. I don't know any trustworthy locals who can do the tune. If you are interested in trying it yourself I can point you in a few directions.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I should also say that your cb and antenna are the ideal set up for an offroad vehicle without spending a ton of money. It's a solid radio with no frills, compact, inexpensive, and responds well to tuning.

The antenna is durable unlike the fragile fiberglass models which can be damaged with a single tree branch strike. A damaged antenna will burn up the radios finals. A magnetic antenna is also a good option for offroad.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I've had and seen nothing but headaches and frustrations from fiberglass antennas; and I cannot understand why anyone would use one.