Stan Prueitt's Dodge T-Rex 6x6

Owners Name & City-Stan Prueitt Somewhere in Utah

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle-1997 Dodge T-Rex 6x6 6500

Engine-V10

Transmission-47RE HD

T-Case-241 HD

Axles- 3 Rockwell 2.5 Ton with Detroit lockers

Suspension-coil 4 link

Wheels and Tires- Hummer Internal Beadlock, with Interco Iroc tires, or Swampers. Interco is our sponsor so we change tires alot.

Winch- Mile Marker Hyd.

Favorite Trails-New Mexico four corners area, all of Moab, Hollister Hills CA....to many to list.

Other-The T-Rex is a rare rig that we try to keep nice looking for all of our sponsors yet, we still wheel the crap out of it. It has schooled many rock buggies on thier own turf, and has won many safaris. It also is excellent at rescueing stuck rigs. I am now a yearly judge at TTC, and I help set up and design the courses. I also use the T-Rex at TTC to extract stuck and dead rigs. Last year I took the T-Rex in three times into the Tank Trap to Extract the D100, the Mudder Bronco, and the huge 11,000 pounder Kaiser. That was a trip. The T-Rex is here with me in Utah, but my Tow Rig and Trailer are still down in New Mexico. The T-Rex is street legal but sucks the gas and only has a top speed on the highway of about 55. Since is has lockers on all three axles, the streets also tear up my tires, so when I can I trailer it to the trails I do.
0001DSCF1346.jpg

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
More pictures

Attachments

• DSCF3352.jpg
    DSCF3352.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF3345.jpg
    DSCF3345.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 26

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
So, how hard was to pass Utah Safety Inspection with that thing? Or did they pass it in FEAR!!!!

Cool truck.

LT.

Although I think it would pass Utah inspection (only because of his SWEET mudflaps).....he is keeping it licensed in New Mexico

Things are easy here in New Mexico. We are nothing more than gun toting, beer drinking, red necks. There is very little that does not pass here. Headlights need to be 48" to the middlel of the headlights or below, 72" for the tail lights. You don't even need a windshield, fenders, tire covers, mud flaps, nothing like that. I have a friend with a Bruiser chassis that is street legal here. Window tint can be as dark as you want in some counties. I have 15% over all of my windows and a 10" strip across the windshield. The rear windows are darker than 5%.

LT.

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Things are easy here in New Mexico. We are nothing more than gun toting, beer drinking, red necks. There is very little that does not pass here. Headlights need to be 48" to the middlel of the headlights or below, 72" for the tail lights. You don't even need a windshield, fenders, tire covers, mud flaps, nothing like that. I have a friend with a Bruiser chassis that is street legal here. Window tint can be as dark as you want in some counties. I have 15% over all of my windows and a 10" strip across the windshield. The rear windows are darker than 5%.

LT.

:-\Hmmmmm... I wonder what he is hiding?????;) Seriously though I talked to Stan about this subject in October and he said that he planned to keep it registered in New Mexico to ease the "big gay mudflap law" as I call it!!!
Big gay mudflaps.JPG
:ugh:Hey..I have a removable set for my rockcrawler too! I have to keep Johnny Law happy when I am in Utah!:rofl:

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
ah but you still need to have fender flares that cover at least half of the tires :rofl:

fixed it for you

I didn't get any complaints from either the local Moab Police, or the Utah Highway Patrol during EJS... I even stopped one of the Patrolmen and questioned them about my legality. He said that the only thing he might find issue in is my front tires not having mud flaps or coverage. The back was perfect in his eyes with the mudflaps I made! They extend out past the tires about an inch and go almost all the way to the frame, then they are above the tires about 4 " and go to the ground. So I figure as long as I don't go to Canada I am fine!;)

Sorry for the thread jack Stan.. Do you have any new pictures from the Snakes this past weekend??
Matt

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Some inspector guy looked at it and said it might pass, but I will keep in licensed in New Mexico for now.

Here are some pictures from the Snakes.

Attachments

• DSCF3599.jpg
    DSCF3599.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF3610.jpg
    DSCF3610.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF3615.jpg
    DSCF3615.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF3642.jpg
    DSCF3642.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF3645.jpg
    DSCF3645.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF3649.jpg
    DSCF3649.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 28

LT.

I like the picture of ChestonScout squating with his pants pulled down. It looks like he is fixing to take the Browns to the Superbowl. Or maybe if you perfer he is droping the kids off at the pool. Heck, he is even using the exo cage for some power squeezing. Just kidding.

LT.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
When you gotta go.....YOU GOTTA GO!!!

Sorry about the flash. I have no @$$ to hold my pants up. Flat as a board back there. Its a Beck thing. Im pretty lucky though. Both my Dad and my Grandpa Beck couldnt keep their undies up either!

One of my favorite memories of my grandparents is my Grandpa was out weeding his flower bed in the front yard and my Grandma opened the window and yelled "EARL.....PULL YOUR DAM PANTS UP!" Grandpa's reply "SHUT UP BEE" Good times!

:rofl:

That was a sweet day of wheeling tho!

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Yeay Gravity is great, I never studied law, but I do understand the law of gravity, It can be your friend but it can also be your enemy, That's why I have put helium in my tires, to reduce the effects of gravity on my truck..;):rofl: