Steve's '94 Toyota x-cab mild build

LT.

Sixstringsteve has got to be the most ambitious person I know. I have never before seen some many builds in such a short time and they have all been top notch. No corners cut, no BS, just getting things done in short order. Keep up the fantastic work! I can't wait to see what you come up with on this build.

LT.

Chevycrew

Steve, look into the 52" chevy rears as well, they have a centered pin, flex well, and dont ruin your clearance as much. (73-87 1/2 ton)

Im may look into getting steves ambition to help on a future build of mine!

sixstringsteve

Thanks LT. There's plenty of BS in the threads, but not in the work I do. :D

The toughest part is getting the parts I need in time. If I can coordinate the schedule, I can get it built quick enough after work every day.

sixstringsteve

Steve, look into the 52" chevy rears as well, they have a centered pin, flex well, and dont ruin your clearance as much. (73-87 1/2 ton)

Im may look into getting steves ambition to help on a future build of mine!

oh yeah, I forgot about those. I may go that route. I'll be doing a lot of reading and researching tomorrow. Even though I've done the RUF on mine and colton's truck, I think I need to re-read it and decide if I want to go with the longer rears or the shorter rears up front.

I'll start reading the chevy rears thread again, it's been a while since I've brushed up on that thread.

Anyone got any 52" chevies?

Coco

I do love my RUFs!! Git R done steve!! I promise I will be moe help this time around, you helped me on mine enough, and I am sure I will still need it on future projects :)

sixstringsteve

I do love my RUFs!! Git R done steve!! I promise I will be moe help this time around, you helped me on mine enough, and I am sure I will still need it on future projects :)

THanks for the offer. You know I'll be there when you do need help. Maybe you could convince Chris to sell me his t-case out of his '87 turbo :D

sixstringsteve

I see that the TG springs are about 56". I like the length of them. As long as 52's are still plenty flexy, I'll be fine.

Chevycrew

the heavy half, or 3/4 ton chevy trucks have 56" rear springs. The only difference is it adds 4" behind the tire.

The chevy springs have thicker leaves than trail gear, but dont sag as bad either. I figure if you start with a 20 year old spring with 200k miles on it, its done sagging!

sixstringsteve

Thanks for buying my sidekick Gil, I'm glad to hear it tracks better than your JK, that's saying something for Brent's engineering. I loved that kit on that vehicle, it was very well done. we'll have to go wheeling soon, once my sas is done.

Last edited:

zukijames

hey steve i know you like doing stuff right so heres something to thing about.. i was out at bfe two weeks about with george breakalls buddy all.. He told me george did ruf and kept breaking springs..
i belive hes running the 89's or later the ones that are 3 inches longer then 85-89's and 2 inches more offset(better approach angle) anywho i belive now hes running the 92 or so rear main and second up front with alcan fronts mixed in

if interested i can text him and get details.. yes hes 70 and text messages lol

sixstringsteve

Cool. I love that rig too. Let me know what george and his son are running, both front and rear spring setups (and pics of their rigs would rock too if you have them).