The PAVEMENT thread: Cars, Racing, Drives, Speed...

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
that escalate drive might be a bit much for me to do tomorrow, Ive got to get a timing belt changed on one of my other cars at some point over the weekend, I would be down to do about a 4-5hr max drive, that would be fun over nighter though!

sixstringsteve

No worries. Let me know if huntington loop or any others sound appealing. Escalante would be a bit too much for me tomorrow too.

sixstringsteve

Let's do it. We can grab lunch at Grogg's in Price (my favorite burger joint). I'm free all day, so whenever works best for you.

sixstringsteve

want to meet up around 10ish?

Sounds good. I'll shoot you a text.

Here's a map of the huntington loop. FWIW, I drive close to the speed limit. So I won't be doing 90 MPH up the canyons or anything. It'll just be a nice relaxing drive with (hopefully) good scenery.

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...874952d1c19fefc1:0xfa94e68023fd0d2a!4f1&fid=0

This could be a really cool route too, but it's pretty long.

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...74c6c34207894bf:0xc76475fbb50ed7d!4f1&fid=0i7

And an even longer one for another day, tying in nebo loop, huntington, and Joe's Valley res.
https://www.google.com/maps/preview...874c518187e8db21:0xcf8f7b4bc97fe587!4f1&fid=0

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Let's avoid the Price area. They have a prescribed burn right now and the air quality is horrible here in Utah Valley. I can only imagine it's worse in Price.

sixstringsteve

We had a great drive this weekend.

OrvisKrawler's E30 definitely stole the show.

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_5638.JPG

IMG_5642.JPG

IMG_5645.JPG

IMG_5649.JPG

Video coming soon (ish).

Troop92

Looks awesome, and might be one of the last nice/warm weekends for a while. I want in next time, as long as you're not too embarrassed to be seen with a TurboS Beetle!

Vonski

nothing to see here...
If any of you Miata guys want to part with your factory seats or see any for sale, let me know. I need them for an MG project. Thanks!

Tonkaman

I took the Ape up big cottonwood canyon early this morning. I'm sure it was still in the 20's up there, but it got me out of the inversion for a bit. There is a strange rush carving corners while you can still see front on the pavement!

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I might look into getting in on some of this action. I might even be in for some Solo runs too.yeah, so, its just a Neon. If I ever get the time (or not be sick) to get my timing belt done. Have given some thought to coilovers and such for track days at MMP. Not really thinking about power upgrades as I love 33+ MPG. I can always build a fire breathing 2.4 or a turbo motor when I kill the stock 2.0.