The PAVEMENT thread: Cars, Racing, Drives, Speed...

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
When I showed up at work the day after I ran the Loop and told a few of my friends there about the drive, they immediately wanted to hit it up again. So on the 19th we headed out from work in the Miata, Paimon's MR2 and Jeremy's big G8. We had some issues with traffic on the first half of the Loop. Well, one issue. A Buick Endeavor that was doing 10mph and either ignoring the vehicles lined up behind her, or not caring. So we pulled off and snapped a few glamour shots at the summit.

IMG_0257_zps0c6a93de.jpg

<br>
IMG_0259_zps5141bd32.jpg

After giving our slow moving friend a bit of time to get ahead, we hit the road again. Always nice when its clear ahead. Again, the spur road to Cascade Springs was epic and clear allowing for some spirited driving on all our parts!

IMG_0262_zps7bf93ffc.jpg

At Cascade Springs

IMG_0266_zps5c03fe41.jpg

Showing how massive the G8 is compared to the Miata and MR2.

After that, we headed down the Sundance side and out to Provo Canyon. Jeremy decided to depart there and head down to slog through traffic in Utah County while Paimon and I headed to Heber and the Dairy Keen for some burgers and shakes.

All told, this was a great run as well. I was very impressed with Jeremy's G8. For how big it was, it held the corners well. Aussie engineering I suppose. I look forward to seeing the Holden Commodore tear up the track at Bathurst in a few weeks. And Paimon has done a great job rebuilding that '87 MR2. Really a beautiful job.

With the sudden change in weather and my being gone all next month to Australia, this was probably my last run up American Fork and the Alpine Loop until next year. I hope that I'll get some good runs further south this November, though.

Last edited:

RogueJeepr

Here!
Since we are talking Pontiacs. Here's my 32 getting the top ready to sew up.
The top is actually black I just have it inside/out to mark the demensions .

This would be one of the first FULL Pontiacs made (#373) . Before 32 they were Oakland bodies on a chevy frame.

A few Old schools out near lil moab.

Last edited:

roverrocks

A convertible Bentley seen in Gateway, CO last Sunday. The guy with it was staying at the Gateway Resort where he rented it. Says you can rent all sorts of fancy cars at this out-of-the-way resort owned by the Discovery Channel owner. Gorgeous car.

Attachments

• JohnBrownCanyonOnionCreekWS$W10-6-2013 002 (3600x2700) (1280x960).jpg
    JohnBrownCanyonOnionCreekWS$W10-6-2013 002 (3600x2700) (1280x960).jpg
    156 KB · Views: 7
  • JohnBrownCanyonOnionCreekWS$W10-6-2013 004 (1280x960).jpg
    JohnBrownCanyonOnionCreekWS$W10-6-2013 004 (1280x960).jpg
    123 KB · Views: 7

RogueJeepr

Here!
In the mail today I received an envelope back from the State Tax Commision .
I now have a title for the 32 Pontiac . :D . No history was found on how this car got to Utah . Oh well , Im happy

sixstringsteve

I'm thinking of heading down to St. George Friday night to race autocross on Saturday. Anyone want to come get destroyed by the veterans with me?

sixstringsteve

It looks like registration for the St. George Autocross is closed. If that's the case, I won't be heading down there anymore.

sixstringsteve

I was wrong, you can still register in person at the St. George event. I'm planning on going, assuming I can get my car all buttoned up tonight.