The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

jentzschman

I'll be in sand hallow with some friends Friday and sat. Leaving early Friday morning and leaving sometime early Sat evening. You are welcome to join us if you guys so desire. We are staying in a hotel Friday evening.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I just looked up weather all over the state. St George is the only one that gets above 40 degrees at all.
I called the dunes weather line
(435) 433-5961 They have 3-8" of snow covering the dunes, which means the same for cherry creek.

Tooele county weather cams showed dry ground.

jentzschman

Dang, the dunes have that much snow, yikes.

The weather for sand hallow appears to be sunny Friday and in the low to mid 40's. Sat sunny and upper 40's if forecast holds.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Tonkaman

Today was freaking fantastic! Jeeper, and deviant decided to join me on my persist to ride the snow and it did not disappoint. We headed west out to Dell, and rode the north side of the freeway. It started off pretty chilly, but as we started working up a sweat it was actually quite pleasant.

It was my second ride on my new Beta so I was still getting used to it. I have never felt so in control of a bike! It's like riding a mountain bike with a motor strapped to it! This bike is the best thing I've ever spent money on.

D

Deleted member 12904

Today was freaking fantastic! Jeeper, and deviant decided to join me on my persist to ride the snow and it did not disappoint. We headed west out to Dell, and rode the north side of the freeway. It started off pretty chilly, but as we started working up a sweat it was actually quite pleasant.

It was my second ride on my new Beta so I was still getting used to it. I have never felt so in control of a bike! It's like riding a mountain bike with a motor strapped to it! This bike is the best thing I've ever spent money on.

You make that bike look so smooth I figured it was the bike but once I jumped on it was clear it takes a rider of only the highest skill level like yourself to tame the beta. I had a good time thanks for letting me tag along.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I can't believe how good of a rider Derek is. The beta is a difficult bike to handle, and he makes it look so easy! It must be his amazing skills that help him get through all the rough riding!

Tonkaman

Today was pure magic. The temps were much warmer which was good for the snow but made tons of ice. I just put the bike in snowmobile mode and cut my own trails all over the mountains. The weight balance of this bike is perfect for keeping traction, even while climbing snow cover hills.

I decided to try getting to the radio towers way way out there.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451871918.238135.jpg

It didn't take long for me to have the bikes first flip over. The picture doesn't show how steep this hill is, but it was just enough I had to cut across sideways. The gravitational pull of this bike pokey tree was too great and it sucked me right in. As the bike tipped downhill the big branches picked me right off and left me hanging like a puppet on strings. It took me a while to break all the branches that were stuck all over me so I could get loose.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451872167.685021.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451872176.723353.jpg

Eventually I found my way to the top of the mountain where the towers sit high above everything else.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451872503.194946.jpg

The inversion was pretty ugly but the tips of all the mountains were poking through. I was amazed at how many rows of mountains were visible from up there.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451872587.196336.jpg

There was an abandoned tower on another peak that had a ladder to the top. It was a pretty cool view from up there!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451872746.789288.jpg

I crisscrosses all over the mountains on my way down. This was pretty dang fun most of he time but I had a few surprises. One time as I was skating down a hill side I realized it was getting steeper than I bargained for, Unfortunately it was getting much icier the lower I got also. Before I knew it I was sliding and bouncing off of everything just hoping each little bump of snow wouldn't end up a big rock. Of coarse that steep slippery hill ended with a large rock ledge! I barely slowed down enough to turn across it and searched for a while for a suitable place to lower my bike down.

On my way out o noticed this strange structure hidden away. I assume it's for water collection of some sort, but no idea why. The frame was super beefy I-beams, they had sheet metal layer on top and at the end was a rain gutter that funneled water into a drain tube under ground. About 30' away this little lock box was poking out of the snow. Any idea what this is?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451873478.215503.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451873493.540557.jpg

rholbrook

That little structure I believe is some sort of bird habitat. I may be wrong but somewhere in my memory I think I remember that. Was that radio structure with the ladder capable of sleeping on? That would be cool if you could

Tonkaman

That little structure I believe is some sort of bird habitat. I may be wrong but somewhere in my memory I think I remember that. Was that radio structure with the ladder capable of sleeping on? That would be cool if you could

Yeah it could be done if you just laid something down to smooth it out. It's just expanded metal. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451879464.821288.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451879428.739032.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451879428.739032.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 13