The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I can't believe how much strength and endurance the race demanded! My hands were numb after the first lap, and my whole body gave up after lap 2. The third lap was really sloppy, and I really was just trying not to eat the dirt. I may or may not race again, I'm not sure yet.

In many ways it gets easier, the more you do it the better shape and more conditioned you get. You learn how to ride cleaner and conserve energy.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I can't believe how much strength and endurance the race demanded! My hands were numb after the first lap, and my whole body gave up after lap 2. The third lap was really sloppy, and I really was just trying not to eat the dirt. I may or may not race again, I'm not sure yet.

In many ways it gets easier, the more you do it the better shape and more conditioned you get. You learn how to ride cleaner and conserve energy.
I don't know that it has gotten any easier for me or if I known what to expect. It is absolutely addicting though. After my first race, I felt the same way as you. After my second I was looking forward to the next race. Now I'm just focused on beating Tyson and not letting Stratton beat me [emoji33]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Cascadia

Undecided
I wouldn't say path of darkness. I would say you showed me the light. And I appreciate every minute of it Paul.

Chad, you can forget about beating me. :cody:

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
You old, broken guys need adventure bikes! I feel like I'm not young & healthy enough to get into racing at this point, but riding a big adventure bike into the backcountry fills my needs... for the most part. ;)

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
I feel like I'm not young & healthy enough to get into racing at this point, but riding a big adventure bike into the backcountry fills my needs... for the most part. ;)

Tell me about it. Ive really been enjoying the dual sport bikes. Mellow/scenic ride to a nice camp spot with old friends and then sitting around the camp fire talking about how fast we 'used to be' seems like the norm lately :D :rofl:

Tonkaman

The ride back from Mesquite turned my bike into a block of ice! It was frozen to my bike carrier, the straps were frozen completely solid. I had to lift the bike off because nothing would move at all, and I dragged it into the garage

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454290332.971352.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454290356.911167.jpg

Last edited:

Tonkaman

I guess first place ain't bad for a first race. That felt pretty good till I realized there was only two of us in the bracket ha ha!

I added up the novice entries and I places 33 overall novice out of 61.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I guess first place ain't bad for a first race. That felt pretty good till I realized there was only two of us in the bracket ha ha!

I added up the novice entries and I places 33 overall novice out of 61.

I'm going to brag a little, Mr Tonkaman, who I kinda coerced into racing, ran the over 30 Novice class and in his first ever race: View attachment 103255

Sand bagger alert. Nice Ride. Hope we see you at the Rhino Rally.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Im a newbie mind if I tag along?

By newbie, I mean complete newbie. '85 Suzuki.. I've had him out a few times, and it's a sloooooow ride.
But you are always welcome. Shoot me a pm with your number, and I'll keep you informed

EEEKKKK. Knolls + moisture = salty corrosive mud that is hell on aluminum. Your bike will never look the same after that.

I'll just borrow Derek's new bike. No worries ;)

But we will be sure to wash them well immediately after.