The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

jentzschman

I was not feeling well and just completely out of gas (not bike, physically)

Took a good spill and the end. Had the bike upside down in the trees.

Wow, you guys are hardcore. I was already asleep for 2 hours by the time you got home! :eek:

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

sixstringsteve

No, we aren't hardcore, I dumped it in the river again and couldn't start it. I lost my 8mm socket in the dirt so I couldn't pull my air filter to wring it out. So we were up there for quite a while. We tried pulling, but that wasn't working. Then kurt pushed me back alongside while he was riding. That worked pretty well but it was exhausting for both of us. So we decided to let kurt and Derek drive down to their rigs and pick me up. About 40 min later I finally got it started enough to limo back to the parking lot. I have great friends who were super helpful and I really appreciate you guys sticking with me to make sure I wasn't left behind.

I think I have strep throat, i feel horrible .

sixstringsteve

We ended up hitting snow just past where 181 and 157 meet. We didn't make it to forest land from above.

Chad, I am seriously impressed with Ashton's riding skills. He rocks! Sorry to taken him on the toughest section of the mountain, that was brutal.

jentzschman

Im going to give it a shot again next week but just to be clear this is the lot we went to yesterday afternoon. Is this the correct meeting spot? Their where lots of bikes but I didnt see anyone I recognized. We did get their a little before 5 so we may have just beat everyone up their.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.4...F-8&ei=GtmxUZfXOuOBiAKjhoGgCw&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg

I can't pull up the map at work.... Bad data connection.

While heading up afc road you take the left in the fork in the road to tibble fork lake. Keep going and you will come right to the parking lot.

jentzschman

No, we aren't hardcore, I dumped it in the river again and couldn't start it. I lost my 8mm socket in the dirt so I couldn't pull my air filter to wring it out. So we were up there for quite a while. We tried pulling, but that wasn't working. Then kurt pushed me back alongside while he was riding. That worked pretty well but it was exhausting for both of us. So we decided to let kurt and Derek drive down to their rigs and pick me up. About 40 min later I finally got it started enough to limo back to the parking lot. I have great friends who were super helpful and I really appreciate you guys sticking with me to make sure I wasn't left behind.

I think I have strep throat, i feel horrible .

Sounds like you guys had an adventure. :D

D

Deleted member 12904

I can't pull up the map at work.... Bad data connection.

While heading up afc road you take the left in the fork in the road to tibble fork lake. Keep going and you will come right to the parking lot.

That is where we where I didnt see your truck where you up their by 4:30 like you planned?

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Heading out on a 'big bike' day ride tomorrow, expecting to ride 250 miles or so with plenty of dirt roads and mountain riding. Will be riding with a local buddy on a KTM 950 Adventure. Here's the planned route - http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2643960

I may post up a link to my Spot tracker before I leave, if it's worth watching?

GAR

Greg- yeah post up your tracker link. You're trips are always fun to watch. One day I'll join you :)

So, who's riding tomorrow? Someone must be going out that I can tag along with. I've got all day with nothing to do :D

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
We ended up hitting snow just past where 181 and 157 meet. We didn't make it to forest land from above.

Chad, I am seriously impressed with Ashton's riding skills. He rocks! Sorry to taken him on the toughest section of the mountain, that was brutal.

It my fault for not getting his bike geared correctly. It works pretty well for the smoother single track but the steep rocky sections he just doesn't have enough low end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caleb

Heading out on a 'big bike' day ride tomorrow, expecting to ride 250 miles or so with plenty of dirt roads and mountain riding. Will be riding with a local buddy on a KTM 950 Adventure. Here's the planned route - http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2643960

I may post up a link to my Spot tracker before I leave, if it's worth watching?

I'm jealous, gorgeous area to be able to take a "day ride" out in. Post up your tracker so I can dream while I'm out slaving away working on my patio :rofl:

Greg

Admin
Greg- yeah post up your tracker link. You're trips are always fun to watch. One day I'll join you :)

So, who's riding tomorrow? Someone must be going out that I can tag along with. I've got all day with nothing to do :D

I'm jealous, gorgeous area to be able to take a "day ride" out in. Post up your tracker so I can dream while I'm out slaving away working on my patio :rofl:

:thumbs:

We may take a slight detour to Marble and possibly the Crystal Mill if we have time.

Greg

Admin
Spot is working now... back home, 320 miles later and lots of different riding! From haulin' arse on windy mountain roads to creeping along in 1st gear on a rough, rocky road... it was a great day of riding.

We rode from GJ up to Collbran, over Buzzard Divide and then up McClure Pass... and on to Marble, CO. On the way there John (Riding the Adventure 950) spotted a friends plane at a private landing strip, so we turned around and chatted with him for 20 min. From Marble we rode up to the Crystal Mill, which was rough... 1st gear, loose rocks, etc. I felt bad for John on the massive Adventure... the 690 was very capable in the rough stuff. From there we stopped in Marble at a BBQ joint for lunch, then headed towards home... by way of the Grand Mesa and Lands End road.

pano.jpg

20130608_094005_Richtone%28HDR%29-XL.jpg

20130608_110955_Richtone%28HDR%29-XL.jpg

20130608_111055_Richtone%28HDR%29-XL.jpg

20130608_111040_Richtone%28HDR%29-XL.jpg

20130608_114508_Richtone%28HDR%29-XL.jpg

20130608_120109_Richtone%28HDR%29-XL.jpg