Tonkaman's CRF450R build

Tonkaman

I have a Rekluse Z-start pro also. The low gearing is still needed to keep balance at really low speeds. The best part of a Rekluse is not stalling it when your spinning tire suddenly stops

Tonkaman

No it's stock. I've never had a problem with the power delivery feeling to jumpy. With the big motor it will be interesting to see how that changes. I will have more horsepower but with a big bore it may not rev any faster

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Yeah, I got one coming from eBay for $25 to my door. Obviously the part is used, but so is the rest of my bike :)

jeeper

Sorry for the thread hi-jack.. but I got mine together :)
I found out my rear brake rotor is bent, but I've got more in Midvale. I am going to go get a new air filter so I can do my bi-annual :( filter change.. But she's ready to ride this weekend!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 13

Tonkaman

Man that's so lucky nothing else is broken. Get a no- toil filter so you can just wash it from now on, well worth it.

I wish I could finish up so we could go trash them together !

jeeper

Man that's so lucky nothing else is broken. Get a no- toil filter so you can just wash it from now on, well worth it.

I wish I could finish up so we could go trash them together !

I just recently (~3 years/2 filter) switched to the throw aways. I change them more often that way. I was cleaning my filters every engine rebuild before that..

Tonkaman

I'm finally continuing progress. The carb got shipped off to Tokyo mods to get modified for the new motor specs. I also shipped the head and cam off to fast heads to get new valves and porting. I'll soon be placing an order for all the other needed new parts including new bearings for the entire bike. It's exciting to buy so much stuff!

00harpdawg

The best sound is hearing it fire up for the first time haha. I just finished rebuilding mine port polish and replaced everything but the case and transmission just finished it today. Excited to ride it.

Tonkaman

Well Its been a while since updated much about the bike. Since I'm missing out on yet another trip this weekend Ill use the motivation to put the bike parts together. A while back I made a BIG order from Caleb as well as a few orders from other sources and ended up with a massive pile of new stuff.

This pile includes:
All new engine gaskets and seals including the ones not in the "complete" set
Every bearing on the bike is new, Engine, Trans, Chassis, Wheels, literally everything!
Hammerhead case saver
Myler silicone radiator hoses
Tokyomods MCCT
Tokyomods carberator 'modification'
Tokyomods red billet hot start nut, fuel screw, sump, and hardware
R&D power bowl 2
Tokyomods neon yellow carb and engine vent kits
ACT wide-ratio transmission gears
OEM oil reed valve
Trailtech Vapor tach/speedo/hour meter
TM Designworks chain slider
Tm Designworks chain guide
Boyeseen Supercooler water pump cover and impeller
Trail Tech kickstand
OEM inner and outer oil pump rotors
OEM cam chain
OEM Shift drum spring from a CRF450X (its a stiffer spring making shifts firmer with less accidental neutral shifts)
FASTHEADS performance port and polish with all new upgraded internals including beryllium seats and over sized titanium intake valves

rholbrook

By the end of the summer your favorite mod with be your kickstand. If you want to go to SG really bad, have Jared swing by my house and pick up the WR