Tonkaman's CRF450R build

D

Deleted member 12904

what's up with the flaking on the cam shaft? that's not good.

Tonkaman

Well RMATV is telling me that the hose is right for the kit and that I just need to tighten down the hose clamp extra tight. I dont know about you but I am not going to risk losing a hose while out in the desert and getting sprayed with $50 of coolant, so they are getting returned.

D

Deleted member 12904

I still need to talk to Webcams about that. It makes me nervous having that stuff mixed into my oil
If that's a webcam that's been welded and ground I 100% would not run it with it flaking. Even if it hasn't been welded I personally would not put a flaking cam back in an engine.

Tonkaman

Another option is use a 5/8" to 1/2" reducer on the hose. Just find a hose that's 1/2" ID and has a 1/16" thickness. Might even be able to find one at the hardware store.

I thought about that but I decided to play it safe especially with the long rides I have planned

rholbrook

You mean no more looking for something to lean your bike up against?

Your kickstand is just like the one we got on Harrisons 150. On the 450 the foot pegs bolt on. On the 150 they are welded on so the kickstand bolts on differently

Harrison and I are going to run out west of Utah Lake. I don't know what the area is called but we need to get him some seat time on the 150. He's trying to convince me he is man enough to NOT get a Rekluse. He says he will be a better rider if he learns to ride without it

Anyone is welcome to join us. We are planing late morning to give it a chance to warm up a little bit

Last edited:

Tonkaman

I haven't kicked it over yet but it's full of fluids and ready.

I could certainly use your expert knowledge while trying to tune it in. Give me a shout out when your headed out and I'll see if I can make it

Cascadia

Undecided
Harrison and I are going to run out west of Utah Lake. I don't know what the area is called but we need to get him some seat time on the 150. He's trying to convince me he is man enough to NOT get a Rekluse. He says he will be a better rider if he learns to without it.
If Harrison doesn't want a rekluse you can get one for me. I'd be more than happy to accept.

Tonkaman

So today I finally decided to kick the bike over. First kick I hear a crack and upon inspection find a hole punched in the right case. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393120694.123807.jpg The hole is on the inside of the kickstart gear stopper. The bolt you see in this picture holds the stopper on place. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393120780.190332.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393120793.890090.jpg

I won't know exactly what went wrong till I tear it down again. Unfortunately I have to replace the right case so the entire bike will be in pieces again...

Caleb

No way---oh man I'm sorry :(

I'm pretty sure I would have set the world record for dropping consecutive F-bombs after something like that.

If this happened to me, the only thing that would have been set by me is the bike on fire. That sucks man. :(

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
DAMN. That is really crappy man. I put mine back together Friday, tried to kick it with no plug to circulate some oil, kick start wouldn't return. I had the spring wound backwards, so you're not the alone. Can that piece be welded back in? I had a case welded by a guy at the Provo airport years ago and it held for years until I sold the bike.