Walmart Xtreme Rockcrawlers get your own!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
utahxjer said:
well, give us a teaser shot w/ the front end!

it's at the shop right now :D (paul's house)

i should be going over tonight to finish it up and wire/pool somemore... i steal my mommy's camera too....

the blue lexan is bad @$$!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
utahxjer said:
Hey what are the benefits of the 9v conversion?

smoke and burny stuff :D

my motor handles it well, my buddy Josh on the other hand....he has poor luck with everything, and it's burning his up.

i like it, a 3 volt resistor or something would be cool. we're still working out the details on all that though.....

so far it's cool though

yotaman

Let It Snow!!!!!!
stripeshirtman said:
:D

tweaky'd have to ask his wife 'yotaman', if he could come out and play.....

E-locker, good one! aren't those stronger than ARB's???? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

what the hell are you talking about? Why you bringing me into this jackass! -_-

yotaman

Let It Snow!!!!!!
SAMI said:
chill out... why do you even read this thread if all you do is bash it?

i'm not bashin the rig. i'm bashin that you are dealing with a toy and have too much time to spend with it, but whatever i guess.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
yotaman said:
i'm not bashin the rig. i'm bashin that you are dealing with a toy and have too much time to spend with it, but whatever i guess.

this is true, i can see where you're coming from...

98% of my best friends are on missions or college, and most the girls i know have run thier course and are boring or too dumb to put up with... and the cool ones are of course far away at college....

so, to wind down after a crappy day at work. spending little money on a mini-rig is stress relieving. in a way, more so than dealing with the noisy and potentially dangerous and costly problems with my real rig :D

so, i will agree with you...

PS.... i gotta have the coolest stuff on the block, ya know? ;)

yotaman

Let It Snow!!!!!!
SAMI said:
this is true, i can see where you're coming from...

98% of my best friends are on missions or college, and most the girls i know have run thier course and are boring or too dumb to put up with... and the cool ones are of course far away at college....

so, to wind down after a crappy day at work. spending little money on a mini-rig is stress relieving. in a way, more so than dealing with the noisy and potentially dangerous and costly problems with my real rig :D

so, i will agree with you...

PS.... i gotta have the coolest stuff on the block, ya know? ;)

agreed :D

utahxjer

SAMI said:
aaaaawwwww, thanks guys.... that makes me feal tingly all over :eek:

i think the tweakster and i have fixed our problems PM stylee... :D
awesome, now is that buggy done yet? I might want one from ya

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
ok, here's the thing... i got the front and rear suspension and axles and stuff mounted last night... now i;m waiting on my custom rear belt...i have to figure out how many teeth to keep for the perfect fit....... and re-inforce the glued splices... rubber band idea didn't work good. was gonna use wire, but that might not flex too well... i'm thinkin' fishing wire.... two strands all the way around, or something... we'll see.... i left the belt to glue over night, and will hopefully run it tonight...

the flex on this thing is unmatched.... it sits maybe 2-3"s lower than the original toy, and about 1-1.5"s longer... and i got the battery to sit next to the motor, so the weight is as evenly distributed as possible, side to side, and front to back...

i ran it in front wheel drive yesterday, i have a feeling with 4digs it'll go just about anywhere....

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
SAMI said:
ok, here's the thing... i got the front and rear suspension and axles and stuff mounted last night... now i;m waiting on my custom rear belt...i have to figure out how many teeth to keep for the perfect fit....... and re-inforce the glued splices... rubber band idea didn't work good. was gonna use wire, but that might not flex too well... i'm thinkin' fishing wire.... two strands all the way around, or something... we'll see.... i left the belt to glue over night, and will hopefully run it tonight...

the flex on this thing is unmatched.... it sits maybe 2-3"s lower than the original toy, and about 1-1.5"s longer... and i got the battery to sit next to the motor, so the weight is as evenly distributed as possible, side to side, and front to back...

i ran it in front wheel drive yesterday, i have a feeling with 4digs it'll go just about anywhere....

That's cool...

The rubber band limiting strap isn't working for you? It works way good for me. I removed the shocks in the front and put a rubber band around the front axle and around the front bumper. The rear shocks are at 45 degree angles for the rear... I need to work on my rear still. The control arms screw is loose so they have more movement. All the extra frame area (where control arms bolt) has been removed.

Mine flexes pretty good, but my nephew started to play with it, and something got stuck in the rear diff. I pulled it out, and now my motor smokes. So something is caught in the motor or the gears. Gotta pull it all apart now.

Oh yeah, my nephew also broke off the front bumper and rear body mount, he rolled it down a flight of 7 stairs! :rofl:

Time to buy a new one for parts?

utahxjer

tweakeyjeep said:
That's cool...

The rubber band limiting strap isn't working for you? It works way good for me. I removed the shocks in the front and put a rubber band around the front axle and around the front bumper. The rear shocks are at 45 degree angles for the rear... I need to work on my rear still. The control arms screw is loose so they have more movement. All the extra frame area (where control arms bolt) has been removed.

Mine flexes pretty good, but my nephew started to play with it, and something got stuck in the rear diff. I pulled it out, and now my motor smokes. So something is caught in the motor or the gears. Gotta pull it all apart now.

Oh yeah, my nephew also broke off the front bumper and rear body mount, he rolled it down a flight of 7 stairs! :rofl:

Time to buy a new one for parts?
he's talking about using rubber bands for drive shafts

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i got bored of my set cause they kept breaking. the belts would slip after i added lockers and then the sprocket would come off the tranny/t-case :mad2:

i wish i could just modify them and have them not break. i grooved the hell out of my tires and it was a sweet mod, the sidewalls flexed and everything.

Paul R

I'm thinkin it's more of a winter wheelin thing. plus i got really frustrated not being able to fix the rear belt of our extended wheelbase rig. :-\ If you wanna see our bad ass hand built buggy go to Rock Logic. It doesn't drive but i'll be damned if it doesn't look cool. :D