Wanted: Mazda Miata

sixstringsteve

I might buy this FC...
16285498.jpg

http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/700479?ad_cid=6
seriously... seriously... seriously

dang you jerks.

I'm crying right now. Somebody buy my V8 Wrangler...

I just went out and did a burn out behind the mini-mall around the corner to try to talk myself out of selling it and buying something else.

That's hot!

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Just figure how long it'd take to save $1100 on gas. It'll pay for itself in that much time. :D

If I had a car that got 30mpg and IF I never drove my Jeep to work(not likely) it would take well over two years for the car to pay for itself in gas cost. I spend about $1000 a year in gas just to get back and forth to work(estimate)

Come on Steve we need to come up with a better argument than that.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
They typically have the autocross course open on WOW. Last time there was only one guy using it so he went through it like a billion times. Yeah, I could smell his brakes from a distance

sixstringsteve

They typically have the autocross course open on WOW. Last time there was only one guy using it so he went through it like a billion times. Yeah, I could smell his brakes from a distance

Cool, I didn't know they had the autocross course open. I thought they packed it up and erased it after every race. That's great news.

sixstringsteve

Dang, tomorrow is WOW.

Looks like I'll need a rollbar or hard top to race on the track. And it looks like the Rock Crawling course is open on WOW too. I'm in for August 14th, assuming I get a miata and roll bar.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Those are fantastic cars. What year is yours? That would be a ball in autocross, and it would be fun on the track too. With how close you are, I can't believe you haven't been out there yet. MMP is one of the top tracks in the US.

I picked it up last night, I havent had a chance yet next time they have a track day come out and co drive with me. Its a 2003 with the 1.8t it has the front mount intercooler and a tune on it runs about 16 pounds of boost. This is my commuter not my race car

Last edited:

jentzschman

Steve, you can't NOT stay busy. Always something. :)

Why not get a bike again since you already use the money from your old bike as intended?

sixstringsteve

exactly. I was saving up for one before I built my bike. I found one last Saturday, but the seller wouldn't call me back, and by the time I got ahold of him, it was 5 min after he sold it. I'm just going to have to be patient.

jentzschman

exactly. I was saving up for one before I built my bike. I found one last Saturday, but the seller wouldn't call me back, and by the time I got ahold of him, it was 5 min after he sold it. I'm just going to have to be patient.

Cool. I will keep my eye out. I'm glad to see you are getting a 5spd! All hail sports cars and 5spd!

I have a buddy at work that has a white one but is id auto.... I told him how disappointed I was :rofl: