waynes world & snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meat_

Banned
Do you honestly think he would haul a bunch of concrete up there, or...

Someone did. Who else would have the motivation to do something like that? Not to mention the money spent on concrete/labor/fuel.

The simple fact is that stacked rocks will get you further up something and then get pushed out from under you, which puts you in the dangerous situation of being airborne. Automobiles can't fly, so when one is on a steep angle and becomes airborne it is far more likely to roll. 1 lawsuit will close every trail out there, forever, period.

Cherokeester

Sounds to me there would be some way fanatical, anti-stacker wheeler that would have more motive to concrete rocks together on somebody elses property, rather than the property owner but that is just me.

utah340six

so lets fix the sign then decided on the dam rocks???????????????????????/

wednesday who is ever in call me 910 7714

enuff said
wish i had not started this dam thing

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
so lets fix the sign then decided on the dam rocks???????????????????????/

wednesday who is ever in call me 910 7714

enuff said
wish i had not started this dam thing

Do you have a way to contact the landowner before you go yank out a marker of some sort on Wednesday? What are the chances this is the corner marker for a mine claim? No need for a knee-jerk reaction IMO, its not like a burned out car in the middle of the trail. The sign would be great to have fixed ASAP, but if done it needs to be done neatly using the same parts as before. If someone wants to take this up with the BLM ASAP, give their SLC office a call, otherwise I'll plan on discussing it with our contact in the coming weeks. Please don't PM, call or email me about the cleanup... as soon as I have details they will get posted!

scrogg

Enjoying the Drive
Yes there were, you can see them in this picture

4.jpg

and this picture

6.jpg

Granted, there aren't as many as usual but they are still there.

Trust me I have seen MANY people get screwed by stacked rocks on WW

The green JK was there in WW as you see in the pics when we arrived. After what seemed like forever watching him go nowhere from that position, GOAT pulled a strap from his rig and a bunch of us pulled him out from above. Prior to anyone else making an attempt, WJ ZUK cleared the stacked rocks from the base of WW. Whatever is left there was just remaining rubble. After watching them go up, I tried the same thing. Made 1 attempt, hit the slider and called it good.

Back on topic at hand:

I am willing to help with whatever is or can be done. Just keep us informed of when and where and what might be required.

Last edited:

utahsnowmobiler

the beater
ok lets all think... how many rigs out there can make it up????? i would have to say not as many as we all think. k the sign! yes it needs to be fixed. the concrete is not a corner post for a mine. for one its to big, and for two there has to be a pipe with a drawing/map of where the other corner post are.... if all you people are so worried about the rocks and want a hard obsticle pull the rocks out. its not going to kill you. all you people out there that are determined to go up use rocks but all we are asking is please remove them.... that is all we are asking..... and for all of you who dont like the rocks you need to quit bitching because origanaly that big hole was filled in with dirt. now would all rather have rocks in there or would you all rather have it filled in with concrete? so know that we all understand what im saying if you dont like dont play with the big dogs... stay on rattle snake and destroy rattle snake like everyone already has been doing. now stop being dicks and grow up....

GOAT

Back from the beyond
It baffles me as to how anyone could even be talking about removing something that is a good idea, yet COMPLETELY ignoring problems like these

Massively destructive illegal bypass to WW that will create terrible erosion when we get some good rain.
View attachment 34312

Whether this was weather or some idiot, it defiantly needs to be top priority.
View attachment 34313

Not to mention the new bypass after the first set of rocks coming into WW that someone made to get around a snow drift (like they could get up WW if they couldn't get through a snow drift) or the atv trail that cuts down into WW or the rampant widening of the baja road that goes from the parking lot to the trails or the ever increasing size of the parking lot or the illegal bypasses on Constrictor or the continual damage to trees on Constrictor or any number of other things that are 10x worse than any of you think the concreted rocks are.

That is the truth right there.

I wish half of the people replying were next to Jenn, Bart, Meat, Kiel and I when we were picking up dirty diapers during NPLD at 5 mile........IN THE SNOW!!!!

How many of you have called someone out face to face for trashing/bypassing the trail? I guess it's just easier b*tch about it on the NET

rant/off

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Don't forget, Greg, Cody, Zombie, Brad, Dave, Tacoma and I'm sure quite a few other people I don't know so well;) I like WW harder. A couple weeks ago when we went out with Scrogg(Tom) I removed the big rocks to the side and needless to say I had to beat the hell out of it to get it up, which I'm sure people can attest. In the end I was hitting it in second at about 10-15 mph and made it. I like it hard, but moving rocks from pretty much one of the hardest obstacles in the area blows. I recall one day a pretty stock samurai with 31's build the biggest effin ramp to WW I ever saw, pretty much like an onramp. After about 2 or 3 tries of knocking the rocks down he made it and everybody cheered:rolleyes: I knew it was the way things are now. :-\ There are some good people in this thread, but do you realize that we will loose these trails, and we will loose them, just when is the question. Trying to work with the BLM is tough, even to get a call back. They are super busy and under manned, so are we, at least the people that could give a ****. So it's back on us. I wish we could have as much influence on the trails and the blm as we have in this thread.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I am a member of RME. I am also a member of a local off-road club. I participated in NPLD though at a different location. I bet there are probably a few other RME'ers who did the same. You might want to stop and think before spewing out hasty generalizations.

Out of everything I've said in this thread you latch onto that. Ok, fair enough, I DID say it.

I'll throw out another hasty generalization and say this, then: Out of all the RMEr's who are a member of any other 4wd club, it is very likely that a tiny percentage showed up to NPLD. Better? :D

The sign at 5MP looks like it was run into. To fix it, the supports will have to be excavated as it is snapped off at the ground, quite nicely I might add, and there is no chance of re-securing it in it's current state. If it were me, I'd suggest a new set of base 4x4's, lag-bolted to the originals...

Julie Pallette at the BLM has given U4WDA verbal permission to do "trail maintenance." Wayne's World is not on BLM land as far as anyone is able to tell us, at last discussion about it with her.

I agree with Shawn, the oil and grease is pretty prevalent these days, as are the bypasses, which are wide, abused, and very noticeable. As neither of these trails are "official" it would probably be in everyone's best interest to make them less noticeable, instead of having a demolition party for what is by all accounts, a solution to one of the several current issues w/these two trails. I'm trying to figure out the likelihood of some shrubs making the trip, and how much work it would be to plant a few junipers across the Constrictor bypass and maybe the awful, STUPID hill bypass at WW. I don't think I can get them up there, but something has to be done to improve the.. general perceived condition of the hillsides around these obstacles.

One thing I can say is that I'm glad y'all are arguing about it though, beats the usual apathy. :D :D

Ford Prefect

Whether this was weather or some idiot, it defiantly needs to be top priority.
View attachment 34313

I can promise you this, that was NOT accidental, or rain.

My friend and I are the ones who propped that sign up that way. When we got there on Saturday Last we found it a full four to five vehicle lengths away from its origin. Furthermore one of the posts was broken from the front side, the other from the rear. There was no further damage to the sign. Someone clearly hooked a rope or chain to this sign and pulled it over. Furthermore one can surmise that it was being pulled from the base of the left post. This is because it was found face up, and that left post was broken from the front, near the ground, the right was broken half way up, from the rear (stress breakage.)

Meat_

Banned
I can promise you this, that was NOT accidental, or rain.

My friend and I are the ones who propped that sign up that way. When we got there on Saturday Last we found it a full four to five vehicle lengths away from its origin. Furthermore one of the posts was broken from the front side, the other from the rear. There was no further damage to the sign. Someone clearly hooked a rope or chain to this sign and pulled it over. Furthermore one can surmise that it was being pulled from the base of the left post. This is because it was found face up, and that left post was broken from the front, near the ground, the right was broken half way up, from the rear (stress breakage.)

That is sad. :mad:

utahsnowmobiler

the beater
i thank you all to who agrees with me. know lets quit our bitchen and do something about it... so far there are 3 of us who are going to do something. if we want these trails to stay open lets do our own **** to fix the trail. blm takes to damn long if we want something done we have to do it ourselfs..... i will start something and i will finish. lets build a new board and make it our way and by the way screw your board meetings there more like a debate contest... so know who is in with me. lets all get together and buy some wood and fix the sign... pm me if your in...

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Don't forget, Greg, Cody, Zombie, Brad, Dave, Tacoma and I'm sure quite a few other people I don't know so well;) .

Yes, thanks to them as well. I think I was just naming the people we managed to squeeze into the cab of meat's truck:eek:

Meat_

Banned
i thank you all to who agrees with me. know lets quit our bitchen and do something about it... so far there are 3 of us who are going to do something. if we want these trails to stay open lets do our own **** to fix the trail. blm takes to damn long if we want something done we have to do it ourselfs..... i will start something and i will finish. lets build a new board and make it our way and by the way screw your board meetings there more like a debate contest... so know who is in with me. lets all get together and buy some wood and fix the sign... pm me if your in...

So are you going to build this Kiosk in spite of the BLM? That will be beneficial.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...will start something and i will finish.. lets build a new board and make it our way

Unfortunately its not that easy... you could theoretically go build it however you like, but the BLM has regulations on their signage, right down to the placement of the notices. The proper way to do this is to work through the BLM not around them.

...and by the way screw your board meetings there more like a debate contest...

Which Board Meetings are you referring too? U4WDA meetings? Have you been to a U4 meeting? We get alot of things done at a meeting... and when you get 20+ active folks in a board meeting, things are surely to be debated... otherwise it would be a commune and Steve J. would pass down our orders. Without an organized front we would have a bunch of do-gooders running around doing things as they see fit... like cementing rocks to the ground and building signs on BLM property. I speak from experience that undermining the BLM will cause a trail to be lost much quicker than abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.