WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY? WHAT IS YOUR QUESTION? LETS TALK ABOUT IT!!!

Cascadia

Undecided
Hopefully not just the trimming part? You're building your fenders too right? You ever going to update that build thread? It'd be nice to see it every once in a while.

STAG

On my grind
Tube fenders are next as soon as I had the hood finished tomorrow, I raised my body 2" with some ultra-beef homemade body mounts (no body mount spacers) but left the grille at factory height for a better view over the hood (you know I'm height deficient and need every bit of help I can to see in front of my hood ha) because of this the hood is 2" lower in the front and the angle at the rear was off so I had to notch out some metal by the firewall.

before: bottom of hood touching the firewall
image_zps7493df84.jpg

During: all set to the same gap
image_zps696953b8.jpg

Got it welded tonight but pics tomorrow.

Last edited:

airmanwilliams

I always forget the name of it. Whats the name of that wrecking yard on the way to tooele? on the right hand side right off the road and always has half off days. I need to head out tomorrow for new headlights, heater blower,for my wifes neon and a few suzuki parts.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
wrenchin party Friday night that turned into a 48hr turn around on a 4.3L motor swap!

IMG_4836.jpgIMG_4837.jpg

[video=youtube_share;X0q8d4GHEMw]http://youtu.be/X0q8d4GHEMw[/video]

Needless to say XJchuggy is super happy to have the swap done so fast with such good friends...
big thanks to: BroncoMitch, MomboBuggy, EddieD (& Tammy)

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
Here are jinxspot's 5" 2.0 fox air bumps that need to be de-stroked.
He was going to do it but he wound up grooving my tires so I got to do it :)

He sent me the link on how to do it but here are a few tips on this project .
Here is the link, http://www.crawlmagforum.com/forum/content.php?128-Short-Stroking-Your-Air-Bumps

Here are the tools I used
IMG_4063.jpg

A clean cup to drain the oil in,( when letting out the nitrogen be sure to angle the bump stop in the cup.)
Valve stem tool,
A flat non sharp or non point tool, ( I used a grinder wrench) to push the bearing/seal assembly down.
A baby beater hammer, (big one will work just don't man handle it)
Angled pick,
small punch,
And tourqe wrench.

Apex machine in West Jordan made his spacers out of 1.5" OD 1.1/4"ID .120wall HREW and parted it off on the lathe, ( your going to want both ends 100% flat to distribute the load. if using a chop saw make sure it's the same measurement all the way around and de-burr the OD and ID and make sure it's smooth inside and out.

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4062.jpg

When you are re assembling the bump stop clean every part and keep track of your shims, and be sure to clean the treads on the nut and the threads on the shaft! torque the nut to 30 foot pounds.
Poor the oil in the can and rest the cylinder on the short spacer so you don't damage the shraeder valve.
When you push the bearing assembly in it will compress the air in the cylinder but I still managed to get the snap ring on.

And take your time putting the cap back on!
Work around it,tapping it with a soft punch and using the baby beater till its seated all the way around.

BAM! your done, and this is the difference.
IMG_4065.jpg

Last edited:

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Excellent work buddy thanks for the write up!!!

A machined "spacer" is a step above man... Thanks again for going the extra mile.

I hope everyone see's how easy this is and decides to take it on themselves for their own rig (or trade for bronco Mitch to do it since now he's a pro).

now it's time to put them slide hammers to the test!!!

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Tube fenders are next as soon as I had the hood finished tomorrow, I raised my body 2" with some ultra-beef homemade body mounts (no body mount spacers) but left the grille at factory height for a better view over the hood (you know I'm height deficient and need every bit of help I can to see in front of my hood ha) because of this the hood is 2" lower in the front and the angle at the rear was off so I had to notch out some metal by the firewall.

before: bottom of hood touching the firewall
image_zps7493df84.jpg

During: all set to the same gap
image_zps696953b8.jpg

I did this to my YJ as well I have no idea how much i angled it down though, I just set it where ti looked good and ran it great improvement in visibility

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
A few buddies rondevued in West Jordan to mount up some 42's and a spare 39 krawler for WOTR!!!

Def a nice tire and true to a 42 in size, been wanting to try out the MTR Kevlar tread design for a while now, thanks guys for the help with the muscle... now lets see how they do in real world testing!!!

Picked these up from a Price:
IMG_5047.jpg
Compared to a 39 red:
IMG_5057.jpg
Side view of the a compare:
IMG_5058.jpg
Rolled up to see the fittiment
IMG_5048.jpgIMG_5050.jpgIMG_5051.jpg

Sean installed new hi steer from parts mike and then was test fitting his shock tower brace with some flanges Mitch cut out for him after he cut this piece out for ease of a motor swap:
IMG_5066.jpg

Last edited:

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member

I know this is late, but for anyone planning on welding sheet metal this thread has some amazing info
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53534&showall=1

mombobuggy

Trying desperately to escape jury duty from the 22nd to the 25 th. I cant believe it right smsck in the middle of my trip to st george for w.t.r. So pissed.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Trying desperately to escape jury duty from the 22nd to the 25 th. I cant believe it right smsck in the middle of my trip to st george for w.t.r. So pissed.

That super sucks!!!
Damn thats what ya get for registering to vote... lol
Maybe just act super biased againt all minorities when being screened...