General Tech What did you work on Today?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Way fun!
Think of all the Suzuki's and Isuzu's that back yard can hold!
Where is it at?
The driveway and garage will hold two Suzuki's and one Isuzu (until I finally sell it). Backyard will hold BBQ's and kids toys. :D
Southern edge of West Valley bordering Taylorsville. This Upper East Bench kid never thought he'd be living in WVC! But its in a great neighborhood of really nicely maintained houses and long time residents. The houses right to the east and west of us are GORGEOUS with amazing landscaping. I'm going to feel a little pressure to keep up with the Jones's!
Think of all the Citreon and Lancias that back yard can hold!
May, I wish I could get ahold of a few SM's and Stratos's! I'd put those in the backyard and just deal with the consequences!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
The driveway and garage will hold two Suzuki's and one Isuzu (until I finally sell it). Backyard will hold BBQ's and kids toys. :D
Southern edge of West Valley bordering Taylorsville. This Upper East Bench kid never thought he'd be living in WVC! But its in a great neighborhood of really nicely maintained houses and long time residents. The houses right to the east and west of us are GORGEOUS with amazing landscaping. I'm going to feel a little pressure to keep up with the Jones's!

May, I wish I could get ahold of a few SM's and Stratos's! I'd put those in the backyard and just deal with the consequences!

Ah, look at our Stephen. All growed up and conforming and such :D I'm SO proud :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Potential to not finish a project or?. . .

Let's see....

Finished....
i-gqHx2mW.jpg

Finished...
IMG_3297-X2.jpg

Finished...
20130921_191949_Richtone%28HDR%29-X3.jpg

Finished...
P1013496-X2.jpg

Finished...
P1010119%20%28Large%29.jpg

Finished...
20201123_145657-X2.jpg

Finished...
20190216_102321-X2.jpg

Finished...
P1011510-X2.jpg

Finished...?
P1015953-X2.jpg

I may have vehicular ADHD and some awesome build ideas that I occasionally act on and don't see thru to the end... but I'd say I have a pretty decent percentage of builds that I've 'finished'. :cody:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I still like SAS GMC. Not sure how truly wheelable a full size is but I like that build a lot. I have bad thoughts sometimes when I see a cheaper early 2000-2005ish GMC with the 5.3 or 6.0. They'd likely make a semi capable tow rig and/or a semi capable trail rig for light duty trails.

Do it with V10 4.30 Stuper Duty axles/37" and you might get away without regearing?

Last edited:

Thursty

I still like SAS GMC. Not sure how truly wheelable a full size is but I like that build a lot. I have bad thoughts sometimes when I see a cheaper early 2000-2005ish GMC with the 5.3 or 6.0. They'd likely make a semi capable tow rig and/or a semi capable trail rig for light duty trails.

Do it with V10 4.30 Stuper Duty axles/37" and you might get away without regearing?
The GMC build was my favorite. 😎
I would’ve loved to do something similar to my ‘99.

2BF14BB7-827A-42A4-9097-B0738C0AD8B3.jpeg

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I have probably installed about 50 water heaters in my day. I am pretty freaking quick at it, and usually am gone and cleaned up in less than an hour.

However, this was the first time doing a tankless water heater. I had to change gas lines, a lot of plumbing lines, and get a PVC vent all the way outside. In addition to that, I had to make repairs to the exhaust vent for the furnace that was done incorrectly.

8 hours later it’s all done. 🤦🏼‍♂️

0091BA62-A2CC-4C0E-9002-CDB469E92C52.jpegF43D2FD4-F905-4E5A-AA2F-D675031A8DB7.jpeg

Tonkaman

I have probably installed about 50 water heaters in my day. I am pretty freaking quick at it, and usually am gone and cleaned up in less than an hour.

However, this was the first time doing a tankless water heater. I had to change gas lines, a lot of plumbing lines, and get a PVC vent all the way outside. In addition to that, I had to make repairs to the exhaust vent for the furnace that was done incorrectly.

8 hours later it’s all done. 🤦🏼‍♂️

View attachment 146769View attachment 146770
Tankless is definitely not a quick swap. Looks good, is this in your house??