General Tech What did you work on Today?

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
It took all day and 3 trips to Home Depot, but I built an add on cart for my shop vac to hold a dust seperator.

I'm tired of clogging filters almost everytime I use my shop vac, so I bought the dust seperator to try and help. I found a guy that did this setup online and copied his to an extent, with a few tweeks to make it mine.

View attachment 156748

View attachment 156749

View attachment 156751

View attachment 156752

View attachment 156750

Once that was done, I got to the project I really wanted to get done: monitor stands for my home office monitors. I thought about doing 1 long stand, but decided to go with 2 identical stands for a little flexibility.

I took a grand total of 0 pics during the process, but took these 2 when I was done rubbing oil on them. I'll put them in my office tomorrow when they're dry.

View attachment 156753

View attachment 156754
I have gone to using bags in my shop vacs, they are awesome when vacuuming fine dust like drywall and sawdust. They never clog up and and they filter really well. Ill never go back to a regular shop vac filter again.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Brought my stands in the house today and set them up.

Before pic.
A5A180C8-48E6-4E34-B312-462EF4713AC5.jpeg

1st install pic.
FA911EE5-49E8-4066-A730-2D0B0C2439BA.jpeg

They were too tall and the monitors were uncomfortably high, so out to the garage I went to cut 3" off the legs.

Goldilocks height.
28F086EC-11F7-455B-98C6-5D20C4BC79DA.jpeg

I like that I freed up some desk space and can put the laptop in the middle. This will be much better for teams calls with the camera in the center.

Tonkaman

I remember you mentioning Sherco a while back. That’s exciting! Those bikes seem awesome, hopefully the support for them is comparable to the bigger brands.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I remember you mentioning Sherco a while back. That’s exciting! Those bikes seem awesome, hopefully the support for them is comparable to the bigger brands.

I’m hoping they have better luck on reliability. Even I have to be embarrassed by the Yamaha last season 😟

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I was going to reply that those brand new blue bikes needed work until I saw they were French.
Going through and doing the race prep on the bikes for the team, I have been thoroughly impressed by the way they are built. 5 million times easier to work on than a Yamaha 4t and even a bit easier than the KTM/Husky. They also come with 2 of the best components on the market……Brembro brakes and KYB suspension.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Going through and doing the race prep on the bikes for the team, I have been thoroughly impressed by the way they are built. 5 million times easier to work on than a Yamaha 4t and even a bit easier than the KTM/Husky. They also come with 2 of the best components on the market……Brembro brakes and KYB suspension.
Nice, Must have sent the suspension somewhere?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep

My mind might be interested in a new bike recently.. So my internet fingers may have walked a little.
A new sherco 300 msrp is about $12k. A new yz250x msrp is $8k.

Is there really a 50% better value in the Sherco? I assume there may be a Sherco 300 out at knolls at some point?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Nice, Must have sent the suspension somewhere?
All the team suspension goes to Precision Concpets

Who is this back from the dead?
Join the Sage Riders.......you will see him more often

My mind might be interested in a new bike recently.. So my internet fingers may have walked a little.
A new sherco 300 msrp is about $12k. A new yz250x msrp is $8k.

Is there really a 50% better value in the Sherco? I assume there may be a Sherco 300 out at knolls at some point?
8k is a lot of money for 2006 technology:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.......oh yeah.......and no magic button

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Lory gave me a goofy present for Valentines Day, so I decided I’d give her something that gets me all hot and bothered.

F241C27E-E5C4-444D-91B8-D9AF5A0F1C2D.jpeg4E4C67E8-E120-4FA1-B442-C42CB3ED9EFB.jpeg4E69C171-CD65-4249-AD2E-5991B4E6AF13.jpegAE0613B2-B6E3-41CB-BBCE-0BDE10CE6713.jpeg0653107E-2F0F-4D89-9FE6-6A49FCFE221A.jpeg5A9A2F24-EEC2-488B-ABD0-0033C902E747.jpegFBD40C43-AF7D-4353-84C2-410BAD25493E.jpeg

It’s a piggy bank.

rholbrook

I hate paying to have something done so I can save time only to have to fix it or redo it myself. I had a rugged radio with headsets installed in my Polaris Rzr Pro R 4 as well as a street legal kit. Everything worked fine until it didn’t. The Ride Command went dead which means the Rugged Radio also went dead. We were in the middle of a weekend trip in Moab last fall when it happened. I finally found some time and energy to look to see what was going on. The easiest way to do it was to remove the top of the dash. While at it I decided to mount a new Warn winch in it. When the person mounted the radio he didn’t push the wiring harness in all of the way which I was relieved because those units aren’t cheap to replace. While the dash was off I rerouted the wires and secured them better. The dash was never mounted properly so I got all of that fixed. B0E9E06F-75C5-4466-AC54-C151DDE9983F.jpeg1CEBEB3A-9790-422F-AA90-10616AAF31C0.jpegFD4B8C29-1BAC-4241-B27C-E6803F86A687.jpeg