'97 tacoma build: Abner

sixstringsteve

I bought 10 of those bungee ties. If I have time to finish all the other little things I need to do tonight, I'll see if I can get the shade cover cut, sewn, and attached. I picked up a few grommets from HD as well. I hope they go together well, I've never installed grommets.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
The spiderweb shade I bought for mine uses the bungee balls and they are awesome, easy to install/remove but still very secure.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I bought 10 of those bungee ties. If I have time to finish all the other little things I need to do tonight, I'll see if I can get the shade cover cut, sewn, and attached. I picked up a few grommets from HD as well. I hope they go together well, I've never installed grommets.

Did you get a setter? There's a little round anvil and a punch you need to set them.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
That's the one. I didn't get that kit the first time I bought grommets, I had a hell of a time setting them. :D

sixstringsteve

Thanks to my friend Scott and YouKnow, I got my skidplate on and my rear seatbelts installed last night. Once I tune my CB I'll be ready to hit the trail tonight.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I saw you yesterday kind of by Kohlers in AF. I honked, but you didn't hear me. You must have been listening to the sound of how awesome your truck is.

sixstringsteve

I get honked at a lot. I've learned to tune it out. Although, it's usually sexy girls, not sexy men that are honking at me. I will raise my level of honking awareness.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Looking good Steve, been out of the loop for awhile, hope I can get my motor fixed soon so I can go on your next adventure.

sixstringsteve

Thanks. The next adventure is hanging tree trail this weekend. Then the Rubicon on Sept 5th. Then npld then the east side of Utah from north to south all on dirt roads.

Me wonderful wife sewed the shade canopy and its installed. I still need to make one more rear seat mount, add mud flaps, and replace my radiator hoses for good measure. But the truck is pretty much done.

jentzschman

That sounds fun! I am still waiting to hear back on the AF project.

Thanks. The next adventure is hanging tree trail this weekend. Then the Rubicon on Sept 5th. Then npld then the east side of Utah from north to south all on dirt roads.

Me wonderful wife sewed the shade canopy and its installed. I still need to make one more rear seat mount, add mud flaps, and replace my radiator hoses for good measure. But the truck is pretty much done.

sixstringsteve

I just got back from a trip to hanging tree this weekend. What a fantastic trail. It was definitely at the upper limit of this rig. For those who think sliders/bumpers can wait...

I did a quick assesssment of the damage this morning. All scratches are from this trip. My sliders didn't have a single scratch on them before this:

Front bumper got a little love this past weekend.
IMG_0438.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0442.JPG

fortunately this panel snapped back into shape.
IMG_0443.JPG

check out those wheel weights! They got shaved down, and they got rotated on the rim. No wonder my tires don't feel balanced. :D
IMG_0444.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

The one bad thing about these wheels is how the spokes stick out. They won't for long. :D

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG