Votes: 63 59.4%
  • no, ghosts are fake

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • your crazy go get help

Votes: 21 19.8%

• Total voters

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I have been up AF Canyon a total of 4 times in my life, being from up north, we just never go down. I spent a total of what amounts to about 1/2 of a night. We were run out of our campsite by a flying beam of light. It literally moved above us like it was on a supersonic helicopter that never made noise. It swooped at us for nearly 20 minutes before we tossed our tents and camping gear into the trucks and left. The light was very bright and would move back and forth at incredible speed. It could cover 100 yards or more in nearly the snap of a finger. My friend's wife has never been camping since that night. We can't get her to go. When it started, she left camp to go wee about 50 feet from the fire. The light first appeared right over her while she had her pants and panties around her ankles. I can still see in my mind her screaming and running while trying to pull up her pants with this bright light above her maybe 50 feet. Funny now, scarey as hell then.

Has anyone else had this experience up there? This happened in the late 1980's. I don't know where exactly other than we were camped up by a lake. I don't think its a lower lake, is there a higher lake up there?

More stories to come later, I lived in a place that was soooo haunted in Hawaii. I get goose bumps even thinking about it. Nightly occurances, two ghosts, one nice and one evil, very evil and he hated one of my roommates.

Yup, exactly.

Probably around 1996-7, Muleskinner and I went camping up AF. We ended up camping above Silver lake Flats on the road to Major Evans Gulch. There's a turnoff up there prior to entering the gulch, it heads out onto a ridge that overlooks AF, and Timp.

We were sitting around the fire BSing, when a bright light started circling above us, like someone with a floodlight making patterns on the quakies around our camp. It did a few figure 8s, and then Scott freaked out and waved his hand in front of his face like he had a bug flying around him. The light was apparently alot closer from his perspective than it was from mine. As quickly as it appeared, it was gone. We armed ourselves, and started a methodical search of the meadow below us. We were the only people up there that night, as evidenced by our tire tracks the next morning were still the only ones on the road from the night before. We didn't sleep well that night.

wrothdonkey

Im so pumped about this thread all the stories and such.

Anyone else a huge paranormal buff and would like to do some investigating this weekend?

Last edited:

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
I have had a few "I have this evil feeling, lets the the Fawk outta hear" moments.

My only ghost story:

Last year our Club took a trip to the stanley Idaho area to engage in some camping and wheeling. My family and I went up late and was trying to find the camp. We were about 18 miles outside of town on a narrow dirt road. It was about 11pm and suddenly in my headlights a figure moved across the road. It was only about 15ft in front on my vehicle. It was very tall and can only be described as a sasquatch-like creature. Very large, Very hairy. It never looked at me, It just swiftly and smoothly moved across the narrow dirt road. I have no idea whether it was something real, or if my mind just produced the image. But either way, I can still see it in my mind, as real as anything I have ever seen. :shrug:

drdrake

I was kranys wheeling buddy, well about a month after we went up to go camping right.... I incounter three diffrent ghost sittings and I will never go back up.. one sitting was when all my lights in my wrangler kept flashing on and off I would see a tall black figure walking closer and closer. Second is when we got to the camp site a fellow jeeper stop and asked if he could camp with us? I said sure, well i woke up at 2:30 A.M. and my buddy mike was sleeping on a mattress and I saw ten figures standing around him where he was sleeping..... This freaked me out well i made a noise they all looked at me but they all hadglowing red eyes. Final incounter I woke back up at 3:30 to use the restroom I heard alot of screaming in the tress behind me and i got my flash light to go look around but nothing............... To this day I will never go up there in the dark. this took place at forest lake :ugh::ugh::eek::eek:

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I was kranys wheeling buddy, well about a month after we went up to go camping right.... I incounter three diffrent ghost sittings and I will never go back up.. one sitting was when all my lights in my wrangler kept flashing on and off I would see a tall black figure walking closer and closer. Second is when we got to the camp site a fellow jeeper stop and asked if he could camp with us? I said sure, well i woke up at 2:30 A.M. and my buddy mike was sleeping on a mattress and I saw ten figures standing around him where he was sleeping..... This freaked me out well i made a noise they all looked at me but they all hadglowing red eyes. Final incounter I woke back up at 3:30 to use the restroom I heard alot of screaming in the tress behind me and i got my flash light to go look around but nothing............... To this day I will never go up there in the dark. this took place at forest lake :ugh::ugh::eek::eek:

Down in the park where the machmen meet...

Is your name "Five"?

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
I would think sitting around a fire next to Graveyard Flat would bring some interesting things.

One time we were camp by graveyard flats, we had a few tomany, I decided I was going to sleep AT the graveyard, no one else would go with so I packed up my pillow and blanket, and headed down... I woke up maybe 2 hours later in the middle of the road in the rain haha

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
FWIW, the most interesting thing that I've encountered while camping near graveyard flats was a crazy ATV'er that tried to mow down Kurt.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I certainly do believe in them and I have a few stories to share once I'm at the comfort of my computer this evening, happened back when I was a kid.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Just happening by this and its funny to hear the stories. I grew up in Payson and graduated in 91', we had a mud bogg spot up the canyon called four bay. Their was an old bus up there that was always said to be a devil worshiping spot, and we had a police officer named "smiley" who was always said to be a devil worshiper. The rumor was if he pulled you over you cauld ask for a second officer to be called, but at the same time he drove my school bus when I was younger. Today I was on duty at the gun range as an RSO and I swear he showed up and was shooting, smiling face and all.. I had a rifle sitting on one of the benches but was sitting down the line and he kept asking who's it was, I ignored him for some reason I didn't want to talk to him. I sit here and just think how weird that is...:eek:

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
FWIW, the most interesting thing that I've encountered while camping near graveyard flats was a crazy ATV'er that tried to mow down Kurt.

Was it Tranny Frank???

DrDrake, Your story is NUTS man... I've seen some things, and I can say that anything like the ten figures would trip my shit.

From my experience, the really black shape one aint usually friendly. Can't say I've ever seen the eyes.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Weird stuff... I've never seen anything, but I have had a few "chill up the spine" moments in AF canyon. One particular night we were very late getting up there and ended up on a small spur that was above Silver Lake flats. We were dead tired and just wanted to pitch camp and go to bed. It was one of those pitch black moonless nights that seem twice as dark in the trees up there. As soon as we stopped something deep inside me started screaming Get the hell outta here- NOW. I looked back at my girlfriend and she was frozen. I said "Lets go" and we both jumped back in the rig and I don't think we took a breath until we were back near the camps at Silver Lake. Can't remember now where we even stayed, but I'll never forget that feeling.

The other incident wasn't really about ghosts, but it happened a few hundred yards from the graveyard. It was deer hunt and 5 or 6 of us were sitting around a campfire that was blazing mightily, so we had pulled our chairs back to get away from the intense heat. We were talking about the graveyard and trying to freak out some of the guys that had never been up there when a medium sized doe walks right between two of us and stares at the fire from about 2 feet away! She acted like none of us were even there; she was just mesmerized by the fire. I about fell outta my chair twisting around to see if my eyes were lying! We all sat perfectly still in eery silence until she seemed to suddenly snap out of it and bounded back into the darkness... I try not camp near there now.

I really don't believe in ghosts, but there is some extra sensory stuff that seems to happen with no clear explanation. I read this thread with great interest because most every strange experience I have had happened in AF canyon.

So you're afraid of deer?