Votes: 63 59.4%
  • no, ghosts are fake

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • your crazy go get help

Votes: 21 19.8%

• Total voters

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I hate that photo shane. Remember when we went in and did some photoshop filters on it to see what it was and it ended up being a skeleton figure....on the inside...I dunno if you have that photo but knowing its still on our computers freaks me out.

Shane and I have heard sledge hammer type pounding on our sliding glass door in park city but I would explain it as two fists pounding on the window. How we knew it was effed up was 12 inches of fresh snow early in the moringing with not any kind of footprint or steps near or far away from that sliding glass door.

one of our friends had their drum set in the basement of that house to practice and we were home one day, or maybe it was just me, who heard druming and I can remember being pissed that Jeff didn't knock on the door to come in he just let himself in. So I went to the basement and no one was there and Jeffs car was not outside and no one else was in the house. We always heard lots of randoms footsteps in the house when we knew no one was upstairs, downstairs or on the main level. Hated that house. ugh. Thats about as close to ghostly encounters as I have ever had.

I just think ghosts are leftover energy from dead people floating around being happy or pissed at the rest of us. lol

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Are you referring to the song JL?

The Gary Newman song was based upon a SciFi story. Gary was afraid of new technology and the story inspired him to write the song which was covered years later by Marilyn Manson and The Foo Fighters.
The machmen were androids covered in human skin.
Down in the park where the machmen meet... Down in the park with my friend named five (claims to be OP's friend)
The machmen met to kill and rape humans. Lyrics mention "the rape machine" (poster wrote he saw 10 figures surrounding someone in a mattress... a machmen gangbang).

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
In the fall of 2000, I was cleaning out a repossessed house in Lansing, Michigan. I had a small business cleaning them out, performing repairs, keeping up the yard, etc. This home is about two blocks from the Capitol building, in one of the original neighborhoods surrounding the Capitol. Loads of stuff I hauled out of there, it took me about a week just to clean it out. The previous owner was a builder, and had left a lot of unfinished projects around the house, as you can imagine, and so another two weeks of finish work was required.

Cleaning up after I had finished some painting and other finish work on the second floor one cold fall day, night time was approaching fast. As there was no electricity in the house, I was trying to wrap it up before I couldn't see my way to the door. As I finished each room on the second floor, I would shut the door so I knew I was done and hadn't left anything behind. I descended the stairs, checked the front door locks, and headed out the back, through the kitchen to my truck. Until I heard footsteps upstairs. I was feeling cocky, and bold, so I turned right around and went upstairs to give someone hell for sneaking in. Broom in hand. :rofl:

The house was what you would expect from one of it's age, loads of stained wood, single pane windows, wood floors, one outlet per wall, etc. You can hear pretty well where someone is walking on the second floor when you are on the first. I could tell that the person was walking from the stairs towards the back of the house, so I wasted no time hustling up there to give them some stern words. As I rounded the corner in the stairwell, I saw the last door swinging open at the end of the hall, the master bedroom. The other doors are shut still, so the bum must have gone in there. No way in hell someone is going to hide from me, cocky mc badass says.

I stormed in there with that broom, like I was on a mission to clean the living hell out of someone. But nobody was there. Not even in the closet, because like I said, I was feeling bold, right up until that moment when it suddenly became winter. And awfully dark. I turned on my heel and started toward the hall, the only exit from the second floor. And that's when cocky mc badass disappeared, because every one of those bedroom doors was now open, including the one with the wee staircase to the attic. Remember, these are old doors, they aren't silent like new house doors. And that attic door was like one of the gates to hell. If there was something behind that door that night, it was the stale breath of the dead. :ugh:

And when I tell you that on that night I was an Olympic relay runner, you would have believe me because I RAN. And I don't run for anything. But by god I ran that night, down that hall, past the gate to hell. I probably left ten dollars worth of rubber in that driveway and street out front. I did NOT go back at night again, and I made damn sure I was done well before evening from that day on. I never went back to that second floor, and when the representative from the bank inspected the house, I stayed in the kitchen where it was bright and sunny.

This is the house.
http://goo.gl/maps/puEB
The yellowish house with the reddish door. The little windows up top are the attic. The small window on the right is the stairs. I think you can still see my rubber in the shared driveway. :rofl:

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
Besides some houses being creepy, and others disgusting, it was depressing work, which is why I gave it up and went back to being a service tech, which makes me much happier. :) No gates of hell to deal with either.

RockChucker

this has been quite an entertaining thread. freaky but entertaining. i really want to hear what pELYgroso has to say about the bride...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
One time we were camp by graveyard flats, we had a few tomany, I decided I was going to sleep AT the graveyard, no one else would go with so I packed up my pillow and blanket, and headed down... I woke up maybe 2 hours later in the middle of the road in the rain haha

The interesting irony is that the graveyard as we know it is just an approximation of the location, it could just as well be right where the rest of the group was camping. We had discussed using some GPR to identify the gravesites and then build a proper fence but the FS didn't have the budget.

FWIW, the most interesting thing that I've encountered while camping near graveyard flats was a crazy ATV'er that tried to mow down Kurt.

On a trail closed to ATV's none the less. F-in dude about ran down our dogs too right?

Kurt probably didn't give him a sticker.

Nope, but I have him a piece of his mind. Best part was they had to come back the way they went in (and where they hit me as I was hiking).

Yeah, anyone? I know two people who swear by it and they have no reason to lie about it. One of them makes his living in the outdoors and is one of the most honest people I know. The other worked for my father

I attended a treasure hunter/bigfoot pow-wow last week up in Morgan. Several guests spoke of bigfoot encounters and I must admit they were very convincing stories imo. Many of you know Michael Slade (Rover/photo/4x4/GSL affecionado), he is currently working on a neat bigfoot project: http://www.utahbigfoot.blogspot.com/

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
What is behind me here? There was nothing but a black field behind us in this photo. Could be just a reflection of us? Still looks odd... I dunno. hahaha

Friends%20327.jpg

01XJ

So now that AF canyon is open, does anyone have any reluctance to go up there at night after reading all of the stories in this thread?
Sure do we will be planning a camping trip in a couple weeks....but we wont be camping any higher than the narrows. Anything above that is where we have had all our bad experiences:eek: I will go that high during the day but come night fall you wont catch me up that high anymore:-\

01XJ

Besides some houses being creepy, and others disgusting, it was depressing work, which is why I gave it up and went back to being a service tech, which makes me much happier. :) No gates of hell to deal with either.
DAMN your story sent chills thru my whole body:eek::eek::eek: