Votes: 63 59.4%
  • no, ghosts are fake

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • your crazy go get help

Votes: 21 19.8%

• Total voters

pELYgroso

'Merica
So, I asked my buddy about "the hearse" up AF canyon (he's an Alpine local) and he had heard the whole story but never experienced it. He did although mention to me the story about the bride that haunts the canyon. Anybody heard that one??

He had a CRAZY experience with this "ghost bride" that I'll tell tomorrow so that I can get some sleep tonight. I'm getting chills just thinking about it right now.

01XJ

He had a CRAZY experience with this "ghost bride" that I'll tell tomorrow so that I can get some sleep tonight. I'm getting chills just thinking about it right now.
I think i have heard stories about this "Bride" but the stories i have heard were from Provo canyon so maybe they are 2 different things? I cant wait to hear the story:eek:

01XJ

haha dont you remember that summer we spent up by graveyard flats? and my crazy ex g/f the said she could see spirits.... wow what a camping trip that was
:eek: Ya! im not sure that would qualify as "Ghost" that was more like the DEVIL that night!!! That sh!t she was saying and doing was down right satanic:eek::sick: Im pretty sure she was the DEVIL in disguise!!

01XJ

So, I asked my buddy about "the hearse" up AF canyon (he's an Alpine local) and he had heard the whole story but never experienced it. He did although mention to me the story about the bride that haunts the canyon. Anybody heard that one??

Waiting patiently, I know your awake:rofl: You better hurry its getting dark again and will be bedtime soon:rofl:

rholbrook

Where I lived in Hawaii we had two ghosts, one nice one that seemed to do the same thing over and over. You couldn't interact with it. He always seemed to sit in the same place or walk the hall. The other, he hated one of my roommates. When the roommate would walk in, the ghost would slam doors. We were young and at the time thought it was pretty cool to try to mess with them. There was one night that I was so scared. The evil ghost went ballistic and started tossing stuff and attacking the kid he didnt like. When it was all done, the kid was pretty shaken up as well as had scratchs and bite marks. The bedroom was a mess. The mattress had literally been picked up and tossed as well. It was just like what you see in movies. There were six of us total and to this day, we don't mention it when we are together. My son tried to get the whole story out of one of my friends but he won't talk either.

We moved out the next day and our roommate moved back home. Lots of counciling later he seems to be okay but there was a period nearly 6 months that he never left his house. Its just not normal to encounter a poltergiest type haunting not have it affect you. I have never told anyone the complete story, nor have I here. There were other things that took place that I just don't talk about it. I think more because of the threats that were made to us from this spirit. I am one big goosebump right now just thinking about it. There is good and there is evil and I hope to never have an encounter like that one again.

Mope

Where I lived in Hawaii we had two ghosts, one nice one that seemed to do the same thing over and over. You couldn't interact with it. He always seemed to sit in the same place or walk the hall. The other, he hated one of my roommates. When the roommate would walk in, the ghost would slam doors. We were young and at the time thought it was pretty cool to try to mess with them. There was one night that I was so scared. The evil ghost went ballistic and started tossing stuff and attacking the kid he didnt like. When it was all done, the kid was pretty shaken up as well as had scratchs and bite marks. The bedroom was a mess. The mattress had literally been picked up and tossed as well. It was just like what you see in movies. There were six of us total and to this day, we don't mention it when we are together. My son tried to get the whole story out of one of my friends but he won't talk either.

We moved out the next day and our roommate moved back home. Lots of counciling later he seems to be okay but there was a period nearly 6 months that he never left his house. Its just not normal to encounter a poltergiest type haunting not have it affect you. I have never told anyone the complete story, nor have I here. There were other things that took place that I just don't talk about it. I think more because of the threats that were made to us from this spirit. I am one big goosebump right now just thinking about it. There is good and there is evil and I hope to never have an encounter like that one again.

WOW:ugh:

01XJ

Still to scared to tell us?;)

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Every region has their urban legends:
Jackson Whites in Ramapo Mntns, NJ
The white van that snatches your people up in NY
The red light in the Everglades that no one has returned from trying to find it's source

I am a reasonable person who was baptized a Catholic and received a parochial education. A good Catholic believes the Satan is just as real as God so malicious entities wouldn't be out of the conversation no more than angels.

The following accounts of my experiences I've only confided to one person in my life and even she does not know everything...

For many years I've had trouble sleeping through the night; I'd wake up, look at the clock and it would be 3AM every time. It wasn't until I saw a movie years later that I learned that 3 AM had any significance.

Sometimes I would awake and see scratches around my shoulders or biceps which I would show to my confidant. She would tell me that I must be doing it to myself while sleeping but as a nail-bitter (gross habit) I don't have the tools. The scratches were always 3 parallel lines. It wasn't until watching a show about the paranormal in 2009 that I learned about the significance of 3 scratches.

Probably the most significant events happened in 2006 and 2009. When I was still living in FL, it wasn't unusual for me to spend the weekends with my extended family: my 3 Godsons and their parents who are my best friends. Whenever I stayed there, I would wake up because I would be suddenly aware of background noise that sounded like static at first but if I listened closer it was more like the sound of a lot of voices all talking at once... I could only hear it in my right ear however. Weekend after weekend this would happen; I never mentioned it and no one else seemed to be affected or at least wasn't saying anything. The significant event happened in two parts over the same weekend. I was hearing the noise I've been hearing in the early AM hours when out of the noise I thought I could hear the message "It's the AC". Later that morning my friend came to me and she said "I figured out what that strange noise is I've been hearing... It's the neighbors AC acting up". The next night I was half asleep hearing the background noise when suddenly it was silent. About a second later simultaneously I felt as if someone poked me with a finger in the center of my chest and whispered into my right ear "can you hear me?" I gasped for air like what happens when you jump into freezing water but I didn't have the cold sensation. After that night, I never heard the noises again when I stayed there.

The most significant (and hopefully last) event occured after I moved to UT during the spring of 2009. I awoke because I felt a burning sensation on my left side. I went into the bathroom to have a look. On the left side of my lower abdomin there was an area that was red like a sunburn and the hairs in the area were singed but there was no burning hair smell. After some weeks the redness went away but the hairs stayed brittle and crimped. When I visited FL in March of 2010, I told my confidant my story and I was still able to show her the area of different hair growth. Now more than a year later, most of the hair has come in again but I can still see damaged hairs in that one area.

Since the incident in 2009 nothing has happened. I usually sleep through the night save for the affects of my enlarging prostate. I have lots of stories but these are the ones that are significant due to physical actions.

I swear that the above it true.

Last edited:

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
Holy crap... That would be a little bit too weird, maybe even for me.

The most at home experience I've had was when I was living in my condo in Sandy. I had a shoulder injury, and the only place I could sleep was on the couch right next to the front door with my right arm propped on one specific pillow. To my left as I slept was a hallway leading to the kitchen of the condo.
One night I had a dream that I was asleep and dreaming... I hate those dreams, cause it's like a waste of a good dream... anyway, I was watching myself sleep from above myself, and a guy walked into the room through the front door... without opening it... passed thru the door. He looked oldish, and had a dingy flannel shirt on.
He stopped and looked at me, waving his hand in front of my face, then shrugged and went down the hall. This creeped me out enough that I woke up, and upon waking I heard the sound of one of my kitchen chairs being drug across the tile floor. My first thought was that my cats were moving the chair, but I quickly realized that wasn't likely. I say up, and when I did, I saw that both my cats were sitting by the couch, crouched down, and moving their heads with the noise dragging across the kitchen floor, with their tails puffed out like bottle brushes. At that point I was freaked out. I grabbed a fireplace tool and went into the kitchen as the sound stopped. No one there, nothing out of place. The cats sat for another minute or so, and only relaxed after I turned the kitchen light on.
I didn't go back to sleep that night.

This feels like such a weak story in the shadow JL's post above.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
both super creepy... These stories all make it hard to sleep at night.. But, they're like a train wreck, I can't stop looking...