Northern Utah Freeze Your Tail Off 4

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Well I was all excited for this trip till my Daughter got sick.. not taking a sick kid camping :(.. So I am out :( :( :( :(.. Guess the 13th b'ac'tun will have to end without a camping trip for me :(

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I think I'm out too. Running into too many snags with the truck, and I still have to take boogerface Christmas shopping for his mom.

ricsrx

I dont think i will have the 4runner going in time, would a C-class motor home make it out and back to I-80? I would still like to take my wife out on an over nighter.

Alright everyone, with this group getting so large (which is great) we’ve decided to set up a few rules we’d like everyone to observe:

• Please park/camp at least 100 yards away from the Sun Tunnels and only on the west side of the tunnels (as to not interfere with pictures in the morning).
• No shooting (in camp). If your would like to touch off some rounds, please travel a safe distance from camp as to keep things relaxing and quiet for those with kids and dogs.
• No whole pallets or wire spools for firewood (stripped of all nails/staples the wood itself is fine).
• Pack in what you pack out (this is should be obvious). There is no trash service and we strive to leave places better than we find them.

Additionally, because of the size we would like to set up a few campfires rather than just one massive one. So please work with us to make this happen.

Finally, on the drive out there please observe traffic laws and respect those around you. Again, this should be obvious, but it bears mentioning. Especially once we hit dirt, please be aware of the person ahead of you and behind you. There are some seriously unexpected turns and drop-offs. Keep your speed at a reasonable pace and watch out for others so we can make sure everyone gets to camp safely.

bobn

Dave, so Pilot Road from Exit 398 on I-80 to NV 233 and Montello is NOT a paved road? I was thinking of going that way early Saturday morning.

DAA

Supporting Member
I don't know the road number, but I think we're talking about the same cutoff - what I call Pilot road. And that is correct Sir, not paved. It's good county gravel though, generally well maintained.

- DAA

sixstringsteve

Alright everyone, with this group getting so large (which is great) we’ve decided to set up a few rules we’d like everyone to observe:

• Please park/camp at least 100 yards away from the Sun Tunnels and only on the west side of the tunnels (as to not interfere with pictures in the morning).
• No shooting (in camp). If your would like to touch off some rounds, please travel a safe distance from camp as to keep things relaxing and quiet for those with kids and dogs.
• No whole pallets or wire spools for firewood (stripped of all nails/staples the wood itself is fine).
• Pack in what you pack out (this is should be obvious). There is no trash service and we strive to leave places better than we find them.

Additionally, because of the size we would like to set up a few campfires rather than just one massive one. So please work with us to make this happen.

Finally, on the drive out there please observe traffic laws and respect those around you. Again, this should be obvious, but it bears mentioning. Especially once we hit dirt, please be aware of the person ahead of you and behind you. There are some seriously unexpected turns and drop-offs. Keep your speed at a reasonable pace and watch out for others so we can make sure everyone gets to camp safely.

There goes my snake fire idea...

One more piece of common knowledge that isnt always common: don't drink and drive. Even though we will be on dirt roads away from the highway, save the alcohol for camp. :)

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
One more piece of common knowledge that isnt always common: don't drink and drive. Even though we will be on dirt roads away from the highway, save the alcohol for camp. :)

You just ruin all the fun don't you Steve:D Looks like this will be an awesome trip, can't wait to see the report.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I think that even if I were in town for this, I'd bow out 'cause that's just way too many people for me and since I am only compatible with about 10% of people, that's a whole lotta peeps that I am going to have a problem with! Just sayin' :cool:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I think that even if I were in town for this, I'd bow out 'cause that's just way too many people for me and since I am only compatible with about 10% of people, that's a whole lotta peeps that I am going to have a problem with! Just sayin' :cool:

Dude, I think you've lost about 10,000,000,000 expo points in just the past month!