• IMPORTS

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • DOMESTICS

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tuck

spud crawler
imports are more reliable, and for slow crawling... they make enough torque if you gear them properly.... but

s-t-y-l-e.... imports ain't got it.
4 poppers and 6's are cool, and can rock crawl as well as 8 cylinders....
but when the trail opens up and I put my foot in it, I like the v8 grumble and growl.... just personal preference...

And your Toy's and Suzie's bling, bling as they may be... the interior is still uglee...... my jeep has an oval steering wheel for crying out loud, how cool is that? :p

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
Originally posted by 1968jeepthing
Personaly, i think inports are UGLY! no offense to all you import owners. although four wheeling isnt about looks, looks are still a big factor. its like a wife, or a girlfriend. she may perform well, but when you have took look at her everyday and shes ugly then it just isnt gunna cut it.
Brian... What the...

I think you're thinking backwards on this one, bud.

toy73scout

A free scout I'll take it
ooh I see I point out that scouts are fugly and now I cant hang with the cool kids LOL fine I'll just go play with the domestic guy's can I chang my vote or do I have to move to floraida first

Last edited:

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
Originally posted by toy73scout
ooh I see I point out that scouts are fugly and now I cant hang with the cool kids LOL fine I'll just go play with the domestic guy's can I chang my vote or do I have to move to floraida first
You're cool, Imports are cool, you know Imports are cool. Until we are told by more, we'll say they are imports. If they're not Imports, oh well. Canada isn't U.S.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Ryan

Uhhh, are you married?;)

HEY, HEY, HEY.....maybe we should keep that kind of stuff to the PM area......I'm very homophobic.....{I really don't care, but I don't tell you that I'm a flaming heterosexual out in the open....}:D

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I don't think scouts should be classed as anything but DEAD LEAD WEIGHT!! Have you ever had to pull one out of anything? DAMN there heavy. let em stay up north.
The pritter the truck/girl the more $$$ bling $$$ you have to spend in mantenace to keep her happy and running smooth. ugly fat um trucks apreciate just having a home so they run forever. Right 73?
Hey runner smuck you ever gonna help me with the EFI grief :) I'm behind schedule still :)
If it has an inline it kicks ass at 6mpg. wait my other towrigs 350 gets 9mpg emty or loaded to the nuts. hmmmm
Thats all for now.
No cool horse graphics I can put up here

Ryan

Originally posted by mbryson

HEY, HEY, HEY.....maybe we should keep that kind of stuff to the PM area......I'm very homophobic.....{I really don't care, but I don't tell you that I'm a flaming heterosexual out in the open....}:D

LOL, yeah, maybe the ole wink wasn't the best choice of smilies to stick at the end of that question:eek:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Ryan

LOL, yeah, maybe the ole wink wasn't the best choice of smilies to stick at the end of that question:eek:

No harm intended, it just looked a little funny to me..........if your door swings that way, I really don't want to know. I don't have any problems with it, but it's not something that is, well, well, well, acceptable to me. It's perfectly acceptable if you want to swing that way, I just don't want to know.......

Sorry,,,,,,,just digging you a deeper hole.

SuperRunner

Turbo is my middle name
Originally posted by 1968jeepthing
scouts i think look really awsome, and yeah, i think think they should be considered domestic. its Canada right? dont scouts have dana 44s and BIG v-8s? i dont know of any imports with big v-8s and dana 44s. but hten i could be wrong, i seem to be wrong a lot. :)

Why oh why do people think this way? I don't get it? Dana 44's are crap. Why don't you think toyota hasn't used them? Toyota axles are stronger than 44's, and that is known fact. Yes, the birfield "was" a weak point, but only when the wheel was cranked all the way. The birfield is actually stronger than the 44 U-joint, in a straight line. With the invention of the lonfield, the toyota 8" is stronger all around, and lighter for that matter. Unfortunatly, it doesn't have the width that I want.

As for the Big V8's, I have seen many stock toyotas with v8's, and liter for liter, they have more power than domestics.

I have also heard that toyota may be coming out with a Solid Axle...something.

Oh, and get this, I was running my truck one day, doing some tunning on it, so I was revving it a little. Guy comes walking around the corner becasue he though he heard a ferarri revving up. And this is a little 3.0 I6. So much for that v8 grunt, I would rather sound like a hi-perf v12. You do know that a I6 runs smoother than a v12 right?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by tuck
imports are more reliable, and for slow crawling... they make enough torque if you gear them properly.... but

s-t-y-l-e.... imports ain't got it.
4 poppers and 6's are cool, and can rock crawl as well as 8 cylinders....
but when the trail opens up and I put my foot in it, I like the v8 grumble and growl.... just personal preference...

And your Toy's and Suzie's bling, bling as they may be... the interior is still uglee...... my jeep has an oval steering wheel for crying out loud, how cool is that? :p

lets apply this logic to the import sedan and sport compact crowd......imports win the STYLE hands down.

now compare a toyota pickup to a chevy or ford mid-size HICKUP!!! For and Chevy got not style!!! never have and never will!! dodge on the other hand does have some nice syle and some refinement.....and a frickin V-8 in their compact truck!! look at Toyota and Nissan, mazda does not count because they are ford anyway. nissan really trys to make their stuff stylish, more so than domestic car makers. if you get a two wheel drive new nissan truck they are horribly styled!!! you gotta have all the bells and whistles before things get interessting on a nissan. Toyota has always had the universal appeal. the last ugle truck they made was the pig nosed FJ-55. it is cute in a horrifficly ugle sort of way but anyway...

on to full size pickups....obviously the full size toyota is still struggling with it's manliness so the domestics win for style there, dodge wins again IMHO. ford and chevy are tied but they are always struggling. chevy was dead last until their last design, give me a duramax chevy with 6 " of lift and 35s over one of those powerjokes anyday for STYLING!!! not anything more comparitive than styling remember here!!

comparing SUV markets everyone is struggling. the toyota 4-runner is pretty cool with that hoodscoop thing going on. the nissan X-terrible is not so bad, I kind of like the fully trimmed package minus the running boards!!! The trailblazer was engineered to never be able to be lifted due to the fact that the front axle housing runs through the oil pan....:rolleyes: so there is no aftermarket for those either. the ford is boxy and trying too hard to resemble the bigger pickups. the dodge durango is sleek and stylish and I have seen some crazy cool pavement pounders lifted over 6 inches!! I dont think I need to go into the abortion that is the jeep liberty. the cherokee was pretty much devoid of any styling whatsoever!! no points there. the Wrangler follows in the same path of boring design because both the cherokee and wrangler are trying to fill a rugged boxy utilitarian style niche. so I honestly think imports barely win in the compact SUV category....I am not even going into the CUTE_UTE category because everyone loses there!!

to the fullsize SUV market, I think domestic wins there because there are no real rivals other than that toyota thing....?!?

overall I think the import crowd including european imports and CANADIAN imports win. Yes CANADA is considered an import in every book and definition you look at! they have to pay import taxes and tarriffs but not so much now due to NAFTA.

American car makers are trying harder nowadays but we are comparing American iron to European, japanese, canadian, austrailain and korean. They beat us by numbers and little more.

Ohh BTW I own both american and Jap cars, 2 zuks and a cherokee.