Rattlesnake/Constrictor... Lets make plans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtidrivr

Big Black XJ said:
My humble opinion. Use a friggin vehicle as a wich point! No harm to the environment and everyone leaves happy.

My humble opinion is... You should drive the Big Black XJ up the Eagles Nest on sunday for everyone else to use as a winch point and see if you make it home before dark, and Iknow it "wont be happy"! Where was your brain in that last statement? How are you and all your buddies going to make it up if you dont have a winch point? Cause if you dont have atleast 1 person in the group climb it, you wont have a winch point.

And we irritate you? :rolleyes:

gtidrivr said:
My humble opinion is... You should drive the Big Black XJ up the Eagles Nest on sunday for everyone else to use as a winch point and see if you make it home before dark, and Iknow it "wont be happy"! Where was your brain in that last statement? How are you and all your buddies going to make it up if you dont have a winch point? Cause if you dont have atleast 1 person in the group climb it, you wont have a winch point.

And we irritate you? :rolleyes:

So, you've never done the trail then? When you're done climbing the trail, it's a nice pretty much paved road out. So, then, drive up the nice pretty road to the top of the "eagles nest" park a vehicle and use it as a winch point! Takes two seconds bud.

This THREAD irritates me.

VANDALL

@$#$%&@#*@$$@...................

Big Black XJ said:
Don't believe a word this kid says. Totally lied to my brother about some gears just to make a quick buck. Loser!
Talk you'r SH*T ON THE TRAIL ON SUNDAY......
If U have the balls 2 bring you'r-self out and play............

VANDALL.

gtidrivr

Big Black XJ said:
So, you've never done the trail then? When you're done climbing the trail, it's a nice pretty much paved road out. So, then, drive up the nice pretty road to the top of the "eagles nest" park a vehicle and use it as a winch point! Takes two seconds bud.

How do you suppose you're going to get to the top of the Eagle's Nest without going up it? So how can you have a winch point? Have you been drinking, if so I will understand all you have written...

VANDALL

gtidrivr said:
How do you suppose you're going to get to the top of the Eagle's Nest without going up it? So how can you have a winch point? Have you been drinking, if so I will understand all you have written...

Thanks......

VANDALL.

gtidrivr said:

Dude, if you've done the trail, you will understand. Try to stay with me on this one. I know it's difficult. Once you're over the last obstacle, "eagles nest", what do you do? Hmm, well most people take the trail that leads home. No obstacles, no rocks, hell, hardly any dirt.

If you drive up this little trail (around the constrictor trail) you will plop right on top of the "eagles nest". That's where you can park your car (a jetta can make it this far) and set up a tow anchor.

No damage to the environment, no trees were harmed, no un sightly holes w/ friggin re-bar hangin' out of them and you can wich right out.

Try it, you'll like it. And don't be so overly sensitive.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I disagree about the Jetta being able to make it to the top of the Eagle's nest. :rolleyes: There is still some significant trail after the Eagle's nest. Here is what I have to do every time I do a trail. Go across town to the storage place to get my trailer, hook up to it and tow it home, load up the buggie onto the trailer, tow it to the trail, unload it, do trail, load back up onto the trailer, drive home, unload the buggie, tow trailer back across town to storage place, back into spot and unhook it, drive back home. So, if I'm going to all this effort to go out to Constrictor, do you think there's any chance I'm gonna volunteer to skip the whole trail so I can drive around on the dirt road to the top of the Eagle's Nest just to be a winch point cus you think drilling a 1.5" hole in the rock to place a proper winch point is destroying the area? Do you think it's realistic to ask anyone else to do this, since most folks these days go through the same process to get thier junk to the trail? Yeah, I don't think so either.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Big Black XJ said:
My humble opinion. Use a friggin vehicle as a wich point! No harm to the environment and everyone leaves happy.

Gee, Einstein, why didn't we think of that? Fact is, every time I've been up the trail, we have used a vehicle as a winch point, AFTER the first vehicle used a winch point (tree) to get to the top. Maybe we should only run the Con if we have a badass jeep like yours that can drive it unassisted.

Your post irritates me... :mad2:

shmoesmith

Big Black XJ said:
Dude, if you've done the trail, you will understand. Try to stay with me on this one. I know it's difficult. Once you're over the last obstacle, "eagles nest", what do you do? Hmm, well most people take the trail that leads home. No obstacles, no rocks, hell, hardly any dirt.

If you drive up this little trail (around the constrictor trail) you will plop right on top of the "eagles nest". That's where you can park your car (a jetta can make it this far) and set up a tow anchor.

No damage to the environment, no trees were harmed, no un sightly holes w/ friggin re-bar hangin' out of them and you can wich right out.

Try it, you'll like it. And don't be so overly sensitive.
Your assuming that whoever is running the trail is doing a group run where they will be able to leave a vehicle at the top AND that they (people runnign trail)know they can bring in a vehicle from the other side to winch to. The winch point is important because OBVIOUSLY people are using things other than 'another vehicle' to get up the eagles nest..otherwise there wouldnt be so much damage to the tree that is there :( I think it is a good idea..I know a couple peopl in the BLM and they would much rather see us put in an obvious permanant point that will keep the environment safe than not have a permanent point and let creative rednecks ruin the trail.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Big Black XJ said:

Hey Big Black Tweakey, go back and read the first 2 post in this thread. It talks about doing a cleanup on RS/Con, if you don't have plans to attend, don't litter the thread with your useless opinions.

gtidrivr

Big Black XJ said:

Ok, I have come to a conclusion, you should sell your "rig" and buy a bicycle. That way we can irritate you and, you wont be one of us.

Good Day!

James K

NO, I'm always like this
with a name like Philips.....................does this mean that they are related to tweakey?

If so then all he says makes sense.......................because he lives through other people and has no real knowledge of things to support what he says.

if not............................well then piss off anyway.

I will be there to do the clean up 0n sunday the 11th at 9:00 am in the parking lot. show up and put up or shut up.

Last edited:

jp008

James K said:
with a name like Philips.....................does this mean that they are related to tweakey?
If so then all he says makes sense.......................because he lives through other people and has no real knowledge of things to support what he says.
if not............................well then piss off anyway.
I will be there to do the clean up 0n sunday the 11th at 9:00 am in the parking lot. show up and put up or shut up.

James that top portion hurts. That is my last name also, I am NOT related to these people and I am not crying about "saving the rocks". Most of the people here I have wheeled with know how I am. I do agree we need a permanent winch point up there.

I enjoy your company guys but the put downs with the names doesn't cut it.

I will be there Saturday night. Come on up and have a beverage :D

Last edited:

James K

NO, I'm always like this
jp008 said:
James that top portion hurts. That is my last name also, I am NOT related to these idiots and I am not crying about "saving the rocks". Most of the people here I have wheeled with know how I am.

I enjoy your company guys but the put downs with the names doesn't cut it.

I will be there Saturday night. Come on up and have a beverage :D

it was not meant as a hit at you :ugh: sorry

SIXSTATES

if you decide you can use 34-44 ton axle shafts we have all you can carry. we
would be glad to donate ssd orem

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
A properly installed winch anchor is a far cry from "un sightly holes w/ friggin re-bar hangin' out of them"

I think you SHOULD not be there as you install/fab skills have obviously clouded your own mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.