Walmart Xtreme Rockcrawlers get your own!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
i traveled to 4 or 5 Stupid-Marts to finally have a huge pay off in Sandy....

10600 S. State!!!!!

found 7 of em.....

i got an orange jeep, and a blue thing....

stripeshirtman(Paul) got the buggy, and the yellow Toyota....

and my buddy Josh got the blue thing, an orange Jeep...

and we hid the last one for whoever wants to go find it!!!!

***there is a yellow Toyota on the lowest shelf of the truck/car toy isle... i think on the west side of the isle, across from the lowrider/homie toys, behind the Recon Combat Unit toy pack....bottom shelf, behind the army pack....

that's the best description i could do...

there was a guy stocking toys there, and i explained to him how extensive 'grown men's' searches are for these things, and that they are almost impossible to find.... they said they'd order alot of em...

happy hunting

utahxjer

Here are a couple of quick pics, check out the rock park you get w/ the two pack!
And what is the best mods, I took off the front springs and put on limiting straps and that works wonders, but would cutting the springs be better? The 3 on the rock park are mine, and the others are Mr. MJ's.

Mr.Chevy

utahxjer said:
Here are a couple of quick pics, check out the rock park you get w/ the two pack!
And what is the best mods, I took off the front springs and put on limiting straps and that works wonders, but would cutting the springs be better? The 3 on the rock park are mine, and the others are Mr. MJ's.

Ya thanks to 4thefamily i am able to play on the rocks too but the think is i need MORE just 3 isn't cuting it. i just got them today and i still want more.

Oh and utahxjer try cuting ever other nub off the tiers and the iner webing of the tiers it helped out with mine alot.

Mr.MJ

utahxjer

Mr.MJ said:
Ya thanks to 4thefamily i am able to play on the rocks too but the think is i need MORE just 3 isn't cuting it. i just got them today and i still want more.

Oh and utahxjer try cuting ever other nub off the tiers and the iner webing of the tiers it helped out with mine alot.

Mr.MJ
I was just about to do that! My wife thinks I'm a weirdo! Good! :redneck:

utahxjer

Well here's what I done to the buggy so far:

Siped the tires
cut the rear springs down(works really well)
took off the front springs
added front limiting straps
made the bumper into a stinger
took off the spare
took off the rear bumper

I have too much time on my hands right now.

J

jeff cardall

SAMI said:
i traveled to 4 or 5 Stupid-Marts to finally have a huge pay off in Sandy....

10600 S. State!!!!!

found 7 of em.....

i got an orange jeep, and a blue thing....

stripeshirtman(Paul) got the buggy, and the yellow Toyota....

and my buddy Josh got the blue thing, an orange Jeep...

and we hid the last one for whoever wants to go find it!!!!

***there is a yellow Toyota on the lowest shelf of the truck/car toy isle... i think on the west side of the isle, across from the lowrider/homie toys, behind the Recon Combat Unit toy pack....bottom shelf, behind the army pack....

that's the best description i could do...

there was a guy stocking toys there, and i explained to him how extensive 'grown men's' searches are for these things, and that they are almost impossible to find.... they said they'd order alot of em...

happy hunting
thanks sami for the info on where ya hid the yellow one i went up and got it :D and i had them check other stores they found six and are shiping them to orem for me they will be here monday :D

Caleb

utahxjer said:
Flipping the control arms 180 degrees doesn't seem to help, actually seems to worsen the flex?

youre doing it wrong then cause I will garantee it works...I will get a pic up of what I am talking about...

J

jeff cardall

supergper said:
youre doing it wrong then cause I will garantee it works...I will get a pic up of what I am talking about...
yes it does work wounderful!
:cool:

Caleb

supergper said:

OK, my camera sucks so no pics...but all you do is rotate the outer arm so they are not interlocking...it spaces the outer arm away fomr the inner and allows it to travel farther without binding.

utahxjer

supergper said:
OK, my camera sucks so no pics...but all you do is rotate the outer arm so they are not interlocking...it spaces the outer arm away fomr the inner and allows it to travel farther without binding.
ahh, Mr. MJ, told me you rotate both arms, let me try.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
supergper said:
you just need that dang jeep now dont ya...I'm telling ya, that thing is impossible to find :-\

nope

we bought two just the other day :D

here's what i've done so far....

-9volt swap
-cut the stupid bracing stuff off the frame
-made sick-ill-wicked beadlocks....pics coming....you guys will love em!!
-hacked the top of the yellow one
-sipped the bead locked set of tires....total comp style tread...
-got front and rear 'lockers'...best mod so far!!! do it!!!
-removed front shocks, and made limiting strap

mods for tonight....

-wire up a 'pot' to turn the 9 volts down to around 4-6 volt(to lower the insane power, and stor batt.)
-wire up all the LED's we purchased :)
-hack another frame down
-possibly convert another to 9 volt
-sipe somemore tires
-take pc of everything
-winch is in the works, and is gonna be the bestest
-we are thinking about the 6x6 mod at this point...

jeepinkeller

I've got 3, here is my orange jeep, and what I've done to it so far

Mod's:

made bumpers into stinger
cut 1/4 inch off rear coils
flipped control arms
took off front shocks
limiting straps up front
cut away the webbing stuff from the frame
pulled tires half way off rim
penny beadlocks(4 pennys in each tire)
straw lockers
cut every other lug of tires
cut webbing out from inside of tires

more to come like custom paint ect.
It flexes great, looks like I need to do some fender trimming up front too.

Last edited: