General Tech What did you work on Today?

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I think I would have just stuck a tack or two of weld on the insert and called it done.

But I am also poor and untalented… so that makes a lot of my choices for me.
I thought about that but wanted an easier way to remove it if I feel so inclined. If it moves, I'll tack it in place later.

_Auzzy_

Current Rig: 12W Boots
Grand cheapokee update, got the suspension all done finally. Upper rear link, sway bar bushings and links, and added dual stabilizers to the front, ones a rough country v2, the other is the random i found new in box at the shop and built a universal mount setup for. Added a track bar drop bracket as well and corrected the steering wheel. Feels alot better cruising the highway now

Also serviced the diffs, pretty sure they've never been touched by the looks of the oil. Next will be the motor and trans service, abs control module/pump. Then as of this morning drive to work ill be adding the crank & cam position sensors. Got a code for both and from what I've read it's a common issue on these 4.7s across all Chrysler systems. Stalled twice on me so yeah can't have that.

20230623_173238.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Teaching, honing and learning driving skills (Raptors, Broncos, slip track in a Mustang 😎) but primarily recovery skills with my I4WDTA family and Ford engineers and drivers. No pics allowed but this place is amazing. Anyone have a spare 3,888 acres available? That circle track in the upper left quadrant is 5 lanes wide and 5 miles long.

Screenshot_20230629_162021_Maps.jpg

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Today I welded some extra pegs onto my 7 y/o’s bike so his future wife doesn’t have to dangle her legs. Still need to wire brush and paint it but probably won’t lol
IMG_0602.jpegIMG_0603.jpeg
I also finished the headlight and functional brake light on my bike. I guess I still need to cut the number plate and get it back on but that’s easy. This one was my test and now I have the parts coming for the boys’ bikes and go karts. Safety first I guess
IMG_0604.jpegIMG_0605.jpeg

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Today I welded some extra pegs onto my 7 y/o’s bike so his future wife doesn’t have to dangle her legs. Still need to wire brush and paint it but probably won’t lol
View attachment 161343View attachment 161344
I also finished the headlight and functional brake light on my bike. I guess I still need to cut the number plate and get it back on but that’s easy. This one was my test and now I have the parts coming for the boys’ bikes and go karts. Safety first I guess
View attachment 161345View attachment 161346

I thought they were going to be for better wheelies.

STAG

On my grind
Up here camping at Strawberry Reservoir at Mudd Creek, and up on top of the mountain ridge there were two fallen trees that had blocked the roadway and so you could see everyone was just driving around them.

My dad has a Milwaukee M18 battery chainsaw and so my niece and I decided since we had it with us and the winch on his SXS we would clear them from the road.

The first one I just did a straight-line pull with the winch to move it, and the second one I decided to teach her some more winching techniques so I opted for a snatchblock and a tree strap to pull the downed tree to the side of the trail.

I’m sure there were likely more trees after these two but we had already been gone from camp for a while and I didn’t want them to start worrying about us so we went back.

AFD45CEC-B057-4DA0-BF1D-603D4069B538.jpeg
DF1520E3-666D-4569-AE48-76DC7CB28524.jpeg

And then relaxed in the kayak for a bit
A6C71A1B-4ADB-4370-A2E9-7F4A5F9D8375.jpeg

New Bilstein’s on the tow rig all around, including stabilizer.
IMG_3531.jpeg

Tried out my freshly made Tauler Jack. Perty neat.
IMG_3532.jpeg

And performed some ghetto fab with felling wedges 😊
I would like to get the Stableload’s but they seem way overpriced. We’ll see how these hold up engaging the overloads. Towing down south with the camper and Jeep tomorrow.
IMG_3530.jpeg
IMG_3529.jpeg

Last edited: