General Tech What did you work on Today?

STAG

On my grind
To me those wedges seem like they would place wonky stress loads on both the overload spring and the leaf above it. Is that a tried and tested method for them? I’ve never seen it before.

The jack is cool though for sure 😎

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
To me those wedges seem like they would place wonky stress loads on both the overload spring and the leaf above it. Is that a tried and tested method for them? I’ve never seen it before.

I'm in the the "I'll see how this goes" camp also

Last edited:

Torklift has their Stableloads that are a flip in/out metal spacer to engage the overloads… they have pretty good reviews.

My review on the wedges: Hands down the BEST and most noticeable suspension mod I’ve ever done for hauling the camper!
I have air bags and a big wig sway bar… the wedges reduced sway much more than the big wig, and ride height is maintained without too much air in the bags. I also think it rode better, never got light in the steering going over bumps at speed like before.
Only downside to the test run… truck broke down on the way home… 😢 wife drove the Jeep home from Scipio and had to have my old man and a friend come down for the camper and truck…. We’ll see how much damage is done next week when I have time to tear into it.

Last edited:

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
My day is clipping along!
- trenched 70' from the shop to the shed to get lights in the shed after 20 years, and power to the chicken coop.
- installed new tires on the Corolla
- oil change on the Corolla, including air filter
- new brakes on the Colorado
- washed the Colorado

Now I'm at the computer getting reports done, waiting for the sun to set so I can go run conduit and wire to the shed

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
Had a bad brake caliper in the F250 (that I replaced a month ago) that was leaking out the piston under heavy braking situations... had to be dealt with immediately as I have to haul a trailer up to Park city for a job tomorrow. Luckily was able to warranty it and replace it for free!

And since I was already dirty and in the garage I got to do a bit more tinkering on the Jeep.

Removed the old dented hood in prep for the new Highline hood. And finished removing all the ac lines... I'm pretty sure those spring-over-lip-fitting thingamujiggerz on ac lines are the worst thing ever created. It's amazing how much space opens up once all those lines are gone.

IMG_0866.jpeg
IMG_0868.jpeg
IMG_0869.jpeg

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Spent the day getting my Land Cruiser ready to run the Rubicon next week.

After a trip to the car wash so I could work on it without dirt falling in my face, I replaced a leaky heater hose, trimmed a split piece of airline out so my rear locker won't leak anymore, remounted my HAM so the coax is more protected, and installed a tailgate storage door.

I took zero pictures, but feel great about what I got accomplished.

Can't wait to run the Rubicon and cross it off my bucket list.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
559183d9dde04.image.jpg

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Today I drove around the 84 4runner under its own power which it hasn't done in a looonng time. Good news it moved :rofl:. New carb seems to run pretty good. Boggy on the low end so I'm thinking it might be running fat. Clutch is working properly again. Brakes....... still suck need to figure that out. Was hoping it was just the master cylinder