General Tech What did you work on Today?

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
I received a panicked text from my buddies wife that their daughters Jeep was leaking oil on the way to school.
I double parked the Ford and found the transmission return line popped off the cooler. 30 minutes later after its Amish oil change and a gallon of ATF, 20230824_085138.jpg20230824_085203.jpgall is well. The worst part about this was feeling like a creeper hanging out during school hours.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Have you guys ever seen something like this? Air bubbles come from the fuel line/filter in my chainsaw.

IMG_4990.jpeg
The saw had about 3/4 tank, and ran like junk every time I turned it sideways to cut. Upright it did fine. Did a bit of cutting, set it down, and it wouldn’t start again. I saw the bubbles, and was getting a hiss every time I opened the gas cap. I assume I have a bad breather as part of that.
I filled the saw, and after a little bit of chugging and such it started to run awesome again.
I’m thinking maybe I have a crack in the fuel line somewhere sucking air once the fuel is lower 🤷🏼‍♂️

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
Wife took advantage of the ole' "Could you make this" again and I'm building some custom coat hangers/towel racks and a Shelf out of butcher block... I'm not a wood guy at all. But I am YouTube certified.... any of you Wood Worker guys have a preferred "clear coat protectant" thing for an oil base stained wood piece going into a bathroom setting (high moisture environment)???

IMG_1059.jpeg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Got the side plates welded on except for the bottom welds, I need to vacuum the floor before I burn those in. These side plates required a significant amount of fit-up work before I was happy with them. There are a lot of edge welds at the rear corners, which are like welding tin sheet.

IMG_0020.jpegIMG_0022.jpegIMG_0019.jpeg

jeeper

I have a VERY long ‘to do’ list. It grows way faster than I get anything done. For the last week or so, I have made an effort to get away from work and at least do something to move the needle a little in my favor. Some things are smaller than others. Some take longer than others.. but for the most part it’s been less than an hour each.

It’s been nice to get stuff done.. but more so has been the benefit to my happiness. Just completing a task helps me be a little happier each time.

Tonight was an air filter in the street bike. Dumb amount of screws and hardware to remove to get to it, but overall easy enough.

IMG_5030.jpeg

JeeperG

I have a VERY long ‘to do’ list. It grows way faster than I get anything done. For the last week or so, I have made an effort to get away from work and at least do something to move the needle a little in my favor. Some things are smaller than others. Some take longer than others.. but for the most part it’s been less than an hour each.

It’s been nice to get stuff done.. but more so has been the benefit to my happiness. Just completing a task helps me be a little happier each time.

Oh hey I'm not the only one, I actually write lists down all the time, especially on my days off. I live alone so keeping myself and my house maintained is all me. I use post it notes as well and stick them in rooms as reminders or on items I need to remember something about, maybe even a list in the garage for Jeep stuff. I think sometimes it's just the initial starting something that's a hurdle.

jeeper

I did some 50,000 mile maintenance on the Colorado Saturday. One of the things I did was replace the cabin air filter. The fan started making a ticking noise right afterwards. I have pulled the filter out a couple times trying to figure out what was going on. It was driving me CRAZY! I ended up pulling the fan out tonight and found a little piece of molded plastic that had fallen into the fan cage.

IMG_5041.jpeg

IMG_5042.jpeg

Glad to have that one solved!!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I did some 50,000 mile maintenance on the Colorado Saturday. One of the things I did was replace the cabin air filter. The fan started making a ticking noise right afterwards. I have pulled the filter out a couple times trying to figure out what was going on. It was driving me CRAZY! I ended up pulling the fan out tonight and found a little piece of molded plastic that had fallen into the fan cage.

View attachment 163475

View attachment 163476

Glad to have that one solved!!
We have diesel cab heaters in all of our trucks. They look like an aftermarket muffler for a turbo diesel truck, only black plastic. One winter day while I was reorganizing some storage near that heater, a moth got sucked into it’s intake. The grinding sound that it made made me think it was gonna burn up the fan motor. 😳

JeeperG

Well, here we go, I'm voting not to do any more clear, we ended up with some nibs on the sealer and base coats. We wet sanded the base coat of the cab and bed but not the rest of this stuff. 5 coats of clear on top. I'm hoping we can just be mindful of the nibs and hide it all in the sand and polish and call it good. 🤞 I'm ready to get this shit done already.
PXL_20230901_200831833.jpg