• no, ghosts are fake

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • your crazy go get help

Votes: 21 19.8%

• Total voters

bobmed

- - - -
I've seen strange things in my life but most were verified hallucinations :-\

My bedroom is where my uncle shot himself but other than the bullet hole in the wall nothing strange there :ugh:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ya and after 25 years of living here I should patch the hole and repaint the walls

Hell no, you'll ruin the atmosphere.

No ghost stories here, but UFO stuff has happened over the years. Being a truckdriver in the middle of the night in remote areas of the western states makes you a bunch more aware of how much stuff falls from the sky every night. Tons of shooting/falling stars and strange low-flying craft. Biggest falling star I've seen was bright green and hurt my eyes to look directly at. It fell straight down. 20 minutes later I saw the northern light for the first time. The sky looked like a stormy sea with blue and green swells moving.

AF canyon only gave me one wtf experience. About 1 am just below the rock garden of mineral basin I woke up and exited my tent. It was completely silent outside, no insects or animals making noise and no breeze. I noticed aircraft lights above me like a jet was flying over, but it was really low, really huge, and really quiet. It sounded like a jet at 30,000 feet flying over. It seemed like a b2 bomber sized craft and seemed extremely low, like only a couple thousand feet. Couldn't make out anything but the lights on the wingtips and tail.

I used to drive from Reno to Vegas once a week through the middle of the night. Never saw a damn thing. Not once. Except creepy bordellos.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
No ghost stories here, but UFO stuff has happened over the years. Being a truckdriver in the middle of the night in remote areas of the western states makes you a bunch more aware of how much stuff falls from the sky every night. Tons of shooting/falling stars and strange low-flying craft. Biggest falling star I've seen was bright green and hurt my eyes to look directly at. It fell straight down. 20 minutes later I saw the northern light for the first time. The sky looked like a stormy sea with blue and green swells moving.

We need to start a UFO thread. :D

I've seen 2 separate but very strange events in the sky that I have no explanation of. During both of them I had more than 1 other witnesses with me. Strange crap. I feel dumb talking about it though.

bobmed

- - - -
Hell no, you'll ruin the atmosphere.

I used to drive from Reno to Vegas once a week through the middle of the night. Never saw a damn thing. Not once. Except creepy bordellos.

After 100 years this house has plenty of atmosphere to spare.:cool:

And some of those bordellos have laundry rooms that I had service calls at.
They would always ask if we could take the charges in trade :eek:

Last edited:

YOUKNOW

Sure do we will be planning a camping trip in a couple weeks....but we wont be camping any higher than the narrows. Anything above that is where we have had all our bad experiences:eek: I will go that high during the day but come night fall you wont catch me up that high anymore:-\

What part of the canyon is considered "the narrows"? Near where the road splits for Forest Lake?

Coco

About Bigfoot, I am still unsure, but definitely spikes my interest.

I went camping up in Idaho above fairfield last weekend with my cousin, and as we got everything all setup, got the fire going, and was just finishing up dinner, I noticed lots of hair around our campsite. It wasn't fur, it was like hair. Long, black, thick hair. That is what got my cousin talking about Bigfoot, and some of the tales he has heard from his friends and such. He was telling me that people have gone looking for bigfoot, and when they think they are getting close, they get very unnerving feelings of "get out now, or leave now."

My cousin told me of one experience 2 guys had while they were tracking Bigfoot. They found tracks of what they were thinking was Bigfoot, and they tracked it for a while, when they went in a loop, and found themselves on the tracks of Bigfoot, themselves, and bigfoots tracks.

I wasn't very happy he told me about this right before bed.... I burned all the hair in the fire, and went to bed. My cousin comes to bed with his shotgun loaded, then asked me if I had mine with me, which I didn't. Atleast I slept alright that night :)

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
so i have a couple stories. The first happened to my cousin. When my cousin adam and, his cousin that im not related to, were both about 19 they were getting ready to go on LDS missions. Both of them were from washington and they had a grandma that had just died, but really wanted them to go on missions. Anyway so before they left, which was in the middle of winter, they went to this local graveyard in spokane washington were they lived. I have been to this graveyard and it is indeed a freaky place. So while at the graveyard His sister took a picture of them both standing on the sides of this massive sandstone structure over one of the graves.
When the pic got developed they got looking at it and between the two men and up the hill just a little was a little girl standing there smiling, dressed in a 1800's style summer dress!
They showed it to their mom and she thought it looked alot like their recently dead grandma. Sure enough they got out a pic of her as a child and it looked exactly like her.

They tryed to get the pic blown up and reproduced, and the guys brand new equipment broke and they havent tryed since. I personal have seen the pic and it is very plain to see her, a little creepy but very plain. There was noone else around the whole time and no other houses are really near by.

I have had several other scary experiences at this graveyard, such as the statues producing oil out the eyes and in cups

The other story is about me and another cousin involving a doll. I was up in washington again hanging out with my cousin tim i was 16. We had been doing stuff all week. We would drive around town and we had this halloween doll, as in the main character from the movie halloween, that played the theme song when you pushed its chest. We would drive with it out the window playing the song and haveing fun with it.

Well one day we just left it at home standing on the top of the piano downstairs all day. At the end of the day we just watched some movies and talked late into the night. It was about 2am and we were sitting on the couch talking and for some weird reason we both stopped, looked at each other then both looked at the halloween doll across the room.
Right when we both looked at the halloween doll it suddenly fell forward off the piano, mid air without touching anything the music started playing and it fliped once before it hit the ground.

After that we decided that the doll was bad news and stuffed it somewhere hide away and went to bed. It freaked me out alot for some reason mostly because i couldnt explain it. There was no windows in the basement except in the bed rooms down the hall and they were all closed. They did not have any form of air conditioning and we were the only ones up so go figure

Last edited:

tisjeep

I will bite, cause this has turned into a pretty interesting thread.

I grew up and lived in Southwest Colorado my whole life. Not AF canyon but scary stuff is scary stuff. The property that we live on also happens to be on about 15 acres of an ancient indian village that would Rival the size of Downtown Moab. The piece of the village that our property is on is what is called a Midden area. This is basically the trash pile. Only it wasn't considered trash. It was returning it to the earth. This is also the same area that they buried their dead. I have tons of pictures of skeletons that were plowed up while we were farming. We have never done more than take pictures, and respectfully bury them again. In my experience messing with that is not the kind of karma you want to have on you. I have no problem going out in the woods at night. I am 26 years old and have been out there in the dark one time, where motorized vehicles were not involved. Me and a friend were about 14 when we decided we wanted to camp in a cave in one of our canyons almost a mile from the house. We were pretty well set in this cave. Had a huge fire raging and were having a blast. Out of nowhere we start hearing a bunch of people screaming. It wasn't a playful kind of screaming either. It was a fight for your life kind of scream. It still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up just thinking about it. Not to mention that the cave we were in was 10 yards from another cave with a ruin still standing in it. We didn't even take enough time to make sure that the fire got put out, we were out of there. Thank goodness we didn't start a forest fire or something. We got on our bikes and rode like hell. It was about 1 in the morning and thankfully our only neighbors within miles were outside playing horseshoes. (Thank goodness for 1 AM parties) We talked them into driving us the last little way to the house. It took me probably two months to get up enough nerve to go back out there and recover my sleeping bag, and camping gear.

I am more than positive that I could explain this away. I would try other than the fact that this was not natural. This wasn't us being a couple of kids turning into pansies in the middle of the night. This is the worst thing that I have ever experienced, and I am positive it is the worst thing I will ever experience.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I have worked in some tragically historic buildings...some really old buildings...and buildings that should be tragic and old but I just spent a lot of time in them at night and I have never had anything supernatural happen to me nor have I seen anything that even approached the supernatural. I have had tons of people attempt to take me to haunted places to prove to me the supernatural and....NOTHING. I would love to see ghosts or have unexplainable things happen but nope. 33 years on this earth and nothing. I watch the ghost hunter shows and wonder what they are on about because I don't see what they are getting all work up over.

Ghosts don't like me I suppose.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Jenn and I have been addicted to ghost adventures lately. It's completely ridiculous, but highly entertaining. Some of the EVPs are interesting though.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I campfired at Graveyard Flats Sat night from about 8pm to 5am. Nothing happened. The only shadowy figures the emerged from the darkness were 3 nice men from the UT County Sheriffs office around midnight.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I'd imagine it could be hard to notice anything else when you were busy living out some freaky homoerotic fantasy. 3 nice men? Really?:greg::rofl::rofl:

We did see a doe and a fawn on the narrows... that was pretty spooky.... they were just like standing there... I still get the goosebumps.